• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd - won

Hi,

I received a PCN from PPC called Civil enforcement Ltd.
    My knee jerk reaction was to pay, however, their website payment area was not working and then when i tried calling their automated telephone line to pay by debit card that too wasn't functioning.
    That left me suspicious and started reading various advice on the internet about PPCs.
    My first query was that the vehicle was parked on 18th October but PCN was issued on 21st November - don't they have to serve me notice within 14 days as required by the Protection of Freedoms Act?
    I wasn't sure whether to contact PPC to appeal based on this or should i just ignore them because they will wont pursue it.
    Any advice will be greatly received,

Thanks in advance,
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd

Was there a ticket on the windscreen at the time ?

M1

Comment

Hi,

No there wasn't a ticket on the windscreen. The driver had paid to stay in the car park and they overstayed by 15 minutes. I guess they used ANPR and then got my details via DVLA.

Comment

Can you post up a sanitised copy of the pcn for a look ?

M1

Comment

Hi,

Please find attached edited version of the PCN.

Kindest Regards,
          Attached Files

Comment

Should be an easy win at popla when we get there.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

M1

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, i'll send an appeal today and keep everyone updated how it goes,

Regards,

Earl

Comment

Sorry - should I send appeal to Civil enforcement Ltd or to the landowners?
                Im not local to the car park but will be there next week so can get details of who owns it then.

Thanks,

Comment

CEL.

M1

Comment

Hi,

I have now received a response from CEL - they have rejected my appeal but given me a verification code to appeal to POPLA.
                    I have attached a edited copy of the letter.
                    Can you please help me with what to do next?

Many thanks,
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'll get to it soon. The appeal MUST be lodged by 12th though.

M1

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the short window, unfortunately, i was away for 3 weeks over Xmas and only saw this letter on Sunday.
                        Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Comment

Edit to suit and follow http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to upload to popla.

damnthispcnpopla.rtf

M1

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for taking time out to help me, i am extremely grateful.
                            I've lodged my appeal with POPLA - i'll keep you updated on the outcome.
                            roughly how long will it take before I get a decision?

Comment

Sometimes the next day when the operator concedes, sometimes 2/3 weeks and other times ages.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X