• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors - HSBC Credit Card Debt - County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors - HSBC Credit Card Debt - County Court Claim

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Hello Axle

You can chase the CPR request if you wish but don't chase the CCA request.

nem
    Thanks Nem. My intention is not to chase either of them at all...

Comment

Hi

I've received a reply from Restons today - just trying to work out how to attach the scans!. It looks like they're still refusing to provide any original documentation. Also, they're saying my last payment to HSBC was 25/08/2011 - which is not true, I've not paid them a penny since December 2010. They'd need to prove that to the court anyway, they can't just make that statement without backing it up.

The cheeky ****** have attached another copy of the admission form as well!

Anyway, HELP please?

- - - Updated - - -

OK I can't work out how to add attachments now. There's no option to edit post on my original post and all I can do with the others is add a URL to an image... ????

Comment

Hi Axle

You should be able to attach docs by 'Go Advanced' (bottom of reply box) & selecting the paperclip.
        If you are still having problems, send via kati@legalbeagles.info or admin@legalbeagles.info.
        Put your thread identifier in the subject box - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rt-Claim/page2

It will be interesting to see their reply.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Axle_81 View Post
          So far nothing received - I note the CPR31 request gave a time limit of 7 days - it's well past that now.

Is that good news? Or does it not mean anything until the 28 days are up because it wasn't in my defense?

Same for Arrow Global, I think they've got till about Tuesday to respond...,
          It seems you filed your Defence before you sent your s 77-79 CCA Request and before you sent your CPR 31.14 Request. I also didn't see you plead Statute Barred in your Defence even though you believe it might be (the Claimant would need to disprove your assertion).

However I can see you sent a Part 18 Request possibly before you filed your Defence (but not referred to in your Defence?). Have you had any response to those specific questions (I can't see your Part 18 Request letter anywhere on the thread)?

Depending on how things develope you may need to file an Amended Defence for which you'll need permission from the court unless the other side consents to you filing an Amended Defence.

You should send a SAR to HSBC immediately so you've got the full history of this credit card debt, including the transaction log which may confirm or deny the authenticity of any evidence the Claimant produces along the way.

Di

Comment

Ok did this work? Should be some images attched...

Comment

Ok did this work? Should be some images attched...
              No attachment visible Axle.

nem

Comment

No attachment visible Axle.

nem
                So difficult doing this on an iPhone! If it doesn't work this time I'll be back to my laptop this afternoon...
                Attached Files

Comment

So difficult doing this on an iPhone! If it doesn't work this time I'll be back to my laptop this afternoon...
                  Hello Axle.

Another of Restons make it up as we go letters.

As the the CPR 31.14 request to Restons you can if you wish remind they that what you may or may not have in the way of documents in your possession is irrelevant as you are requesting inspection of the documents their client intends to rely upon in court.

What is the current status of the CCA request to Arrow, ignored, returned undelivered , acknowledged but not complied with?

nem

Comment

Hello Axle.

Another of Restons make it up as we go letters.

As the the CPR 31.14 request to Restons you can if you wish remind they that what you may or may not have in the way of documents in your possession is irrelevant as you are requesting inspection of the documents their client intends to rely upon in court.

What is the current status of the CCA request to Arrow, ignored, returned undelivered , acknowledged but not complied with?

nem
                    Ignored Nem... I think they've got till Tues or Weds to respond.

Comment

Ignored Nem... I think they've got till Tues or Weds to respond.
                      OK do you have the signed for post receipt it could prove important.

nem

Comment

I believe so yes...

Comment

I believe so yes...
                          Keep it safe, AG are in the habit of returning signed for post or not accepting delivery it would be worth checking if the CCA request has been delivered.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks. Shall I respond to Restons as you suggest and copy the court in?

Comment

OK do you have the signed for post receipt it could prove important.

nem
                              I believe so yes...
                              Hi Axle

Did you send the CCA request 'SignedFor' (or tracked), or did you send it 1st class post as previously suggested?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I asked for a certificate of postage and was given a receipt at the post office

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X