• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors - HSBC Credit Card Debt - County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors - HSBC Credit Card Debt - County Court Claim

PESKY cats Lol.

RE signature - yes it would seem that way. Shall I send them everything signed again anyway?

Comment

If it were me, I would, using the antitamper strip.
      But I would send a covering covering letter, pointing out the stuff in post #60.
      Keep their letter to use as evidence of their unreasonable behaviour. (They will probably protest that it isn't unreasonable; however, if they've been happy enough to deal with you up to now without a sig, it may provide bit a sticky point in court).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] & [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] !

Christmas Card from Restons attached!

Points I have noted:

1. They're still sticking to their guns with likes of "You would have received such documentation at the beginning of the contract" (Refer to previous letter about what they intend to rely on in court - nothing by the sounds of it).
        2. They're saying CPR31 doesn't apply because the documents are not mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, BUT they're going to get me them anyway? (That's nice).
        3. They're saying it may take some time to get the documentation. (I'm pretty sure they've had enough time).
        4. They're saying they have no record of a CCA request being made or not complied with. (Well, no you won't have it was sent to Arrow Global, which you've had a copy of?)
        5. Some more rubbish about signatures and my own security (Again, that's nice).

It occurs to me that Restons time limit to respond to the court / my defense is now up. So, if they've not been able to come up with any documentation to show me, regardless of their lawful duties, what exactly are they going to show to the court which proves I owe the debt??

Should I even bother responding at all?

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Standard Restons bullshite.

Any " on hold " statement from them in no way inhibits the court process so don't give them any opportunity for dirty tricks.

No agreement no enforcement but they will go right to the line in the hope you will give in.

nem

Comment

Hello Axle_81, what happened about this case? please could you update as I have a similar story starting with reston.

Comment

Originally posted by citiciti View Post
              Hello Axle_81, what happened about this case? please could you update as I have a similar story starting with reston.
              What are Restons chasing you for and what stage has this reached?

Is it a HSBC credit card now owned by Arrow or another debt purchaser?

It may make sense to start your own thread so you will get the help and support you need for your own situation.

You can ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] if she'll do that for you if you like.

Di

Comment

Nothing. It's been 5 month's now so I can only assume they gave up or forgot about it. That's not to say you should just ignore it though at any point though, follow the instructions you're given on here, these guys are fantastic. As Di says start your own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X