• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalties to increase for mobile phone driving offences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalties to increase for mobile phone driving offences

(Apologies if already posted)

The 6 point penalty is particularly significant for new drivers, as any driver who accumulates this many points in the first two years of having their licence is banned from driving and forced to retake their test.Added Edmund King: “If we are to change the attitudes of young drivers, maybe it has to be that harsh.”
    The change is set to come into effect early next year.
    More.... https://www.das.co.uk/the-monitor/le...iving-offences
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Penalties to increase for mobile phone driving offences

Long overdue, I drive for a living and the number of people using their phone whilst driving is shocking !!!

Comment

Having a traffic cop in the family he welcomes this moretickets next year to issue its a coppers pet hate mobile phone users driving

Comment

Brilliant move.
        A couple of years ago we were nearly involved in an accident with somebody using a PORTABLE phone.
        (Why are they called mobile.. they aren't)
        I loathe them so much I refuse to use or own one!

Comment

Wy not ban mobile phones? :santa_cheesy: Actually, I like the idea - too many drivers get distracted because of these devices but I 'm not sure that officers will succeed.

Comment

Hi,
            Utilizing a phone while driving will accompany a programmed penalty of six points on your license, multiplying the previous penalty.
            Thanks!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X