• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data Protection Act requests for multiple accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection Act requests for multiple accounts

I have about 15 different defaulted credit card/loans which I'm in a DMP for. I've already done CCA requests for them, the next step is to discover bank charges.

These have mostly been sold on, and it's ended up that a a few different debt buyers (Cabot, Link etc) have ended up holding multiple account each.

Do I have to send a DPA request for each account (with a £10 fee), or do I just send one to each organisation with a list of accounts they hold?

Thanks,

M99
    Tags: None

Re: Data Protection Act requests for multiple accounts

Originally posted by miaow99 View Post
    I have about 15 different defaulted credit card/loans which I'm in a DMP for. I've already done CCA requests for them, the next step is to discover bank charges.

These have mostly been sold on, and it's ended up that a a few different debt buyers (Cabot, Link etc) have ended up holding multiple account each.

Do I have to send a DPA request for each account (with a £10 fee), or do I just send one to each organisation with a list of accounts they hold?

Thanks,

M99
    Hullo m99
    You send each organisation an SAR under the DPA with the list of accounts you understand that each one holds.
    Sparkie

Comment

Hi miaow99

Just send one SAR + £10 to each seperate firm.
      It will be helpful, however, if you indicate the info you particularly want.
      I normally write "...all data, in any format, including, but not limited to, xxxx, yyyy etc".
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hi miaow99

Just send one SAR + £10 to each seperate firm.
        It will be helpful, however, if you indicate the info you particularly want.
        I normally write "...all data, in any format, including, but not limited to, xxxx, yyyy etc".
        Hi charity,
        They say great minds think alike.............not so sure about that though

M99 The ICO website has a template to down load and use that may prove helpful
        Sparkie

Comment

Okay, I have used the template to produce the following ready to send to one of them. Does this look right?

Subject access request

Ref accounts:

[list of account numbers with original creditors]

Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to:

1. The original signed, executed credit agreements and any terms and conditions that applied to the account/s at the time of default and at the time the accounts were opened.

2. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my accounts formerly held with the Goldfish Card Services, Barclaycard, HSBC and NRAM.

3. True copies of any notice of assignment and default notices or enforcement notice that you/or Goldfish Card Services/Barclaycard/HSBC/ NRAM sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

4. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account/s, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date/s they were/ it was added and deleted. (if applicable).

5. Details of any collection charges added to the accounts; specifically, the date they were levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was/charges were calculated, and what the charges cover.

6. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

7. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

8. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. If you need any more information from me, please let me know as soon as possible.
          It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.
          If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk
          Thank you!

M99

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X