• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IMF - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMF - PCN

Hi @mystery1
    Hope you're well. You helped me out a while ago. I have had another parking ticket (PCN). This time the driver parked in a disabled space as there were no spaces yet there were lots of disabled spaces free.
    Do you think I have a leg to stand on?
    I was thinking about using similar arguments as before i.e. The charge is a penalty, 2. Unfair charges, 3. Locus Standi

What do you think?
    Tags: None

Re: IMF - PCN

Since Beavis the game has changed.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...land-and-Wales

Posting up a sanitised copy of the pcn would help.

M1

Comment

Many thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]
      Here is a copy of the PCN. I know I was probably wrong to park in disabled but as I say there were others parked on yellow lines etc
      I need to appeal in the 1st instance by the 23rd Nov
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

So an IPC member who use theias.org for appeals . Low chance of winning on appeal with these shysters. I wouldn't appeal a notice to driver though. I'd wait for the notice to keeper as it'll probably be flawed. (takes between 28&56 days)

M1

Comment

Sorry I am not with you?
          So you wouldn't suggest I appeal at all?
          Wait for the notice to keeper? Are you suggesting ignore this notice until they contact me again?

Comment

I would appeal, eventually. I would wait for a postal notice first though, then appeal as keeper.

M1

Comment

Ok many thanks. So I will ignore it until I hear from the DVLA?
              It mentions further costs may be incurred if full payment not received within 28 days. Is that the case usually? What are those costs? Any idea?

Comment

Not the DVLA, UKPP. When they get no response to the ticket on the windscreeen (notice to driver) they request the keepers details from DVLA and send a notice, by post, to the keeper. That's when it's best to appeal.

Costs are just a number. It goes up with every threat and then when they get nothing they make an offer of a discount to make the weak think they are getting a bargain. Only a court can order costs. Currently losing court claims cost about £200 all in.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Pa...ol_Office.html So far they don't do court.

M1

Comment

Thanks for clarifying.
                  Do you think it will be hard to get off this one or do the appeals sometimes work? Will I end up having to pay something then do you think? I only ask as you said earlier that there is a low chance of winning on appeal. What will my best outcome be?

Comment

Best outcome is to win on appeal.

Most likely best outcome is for it to be ignored (after appeals) and the statute of limitations to kick in after 6 years and a few scary letters.

M1

Comment

Hi @mystery1
                      I have now had a follow up letter form them regarding this. I have scanned it in & attached it. What do you suggest we do with this? Do they have a legot case here? Any chance of us appealing this? Whats the best course of action do you think?
                      Thanks alot
                      Attached Files

Comment

As yet they haven't done court. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Pa...ol_Office.html

I would appeal on the off chance you can win.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...530#post636530

M1

Comment

Many thanks. I will appeal. Before I do, can you confirm, I should use this simple appeal template on this link you shared?
                          http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...530#post636530
                          Also is it worth noting there were other cars parked on double yellows &on grass verges in the car park with no tickets - I did take photos.
                          Or just use the appeal & add the driver saw no signs?
                          Thanks

Comment

Whatever, as long as you don't name or indicate who was driving.

M1

Comment

Hi @mystery1
                              Hope you're well.
                              I have now had a response from this. I did appeal as you suggested, I have not heard anything of the appeal but have now received the attached letter in the post from a debt recovery company.

What would you suggest is the next step?

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X