• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye CCJ - Set aside ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye CCJ - Set aside ?

Just read through this thread. I'm in the exact same position as most of you.

Just found out I have a CCJ, from parking eye, from August 2015. To an address I moved out of in Feb 2014. My details have been kept up to date with the DVLA as soon as I moved. This address was 2 moves ago.

The CCJ is for £200. From what I'v read it looks like the best option to just get ride of it would be bend over and pay parking eye £200, get a consent form signed and then send that to the court with £100 and ask them to remove it.

So......where to start really. Should I e-mail parking eye and clarify they will do this? what e-mail did everyone else use?

I haven't looked at the N244 form yet but that sounds like its far from simple.

Any give guidelines to follow would be great

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye CCJ - Set aside ?

Hi Joe,

first thing I would do is to contact the County Court Business Centre and get a PDF copy of the Judgement sent to you for your records. It will contain details that you will need for when you do the other forms. Its always good to get a copy electronically so that you have an audit trail and timeline to follow.

Next thing is to contact Parking Eye to see if they are even open to a Set Aside by Consent. The email that I sent to was Enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

You can add some detail regarding why you were unable to respond, but the important part is that you are not looking to contest the charge, but look to get the CCJ Set Aside by Consent. In my own email I then outlined what I thought the process was, to be clear:

"I propose that I draft the necessary Consent Order, and send this through to Parking Eye for consideration. If the Consent Order is satisfactory and can be signed by both parties, then I would clear the agreed balance of the parking charge with Parking Eye. I would then take responsibility for submitting the N244 application with the Consent Order, bearing the administration cost with the County Court directly."

Ask for it to be passed onto the relevant department for consideration. Make sure to include details such as the Parking Eye references and also the Court Case Number, so that they can find your case properly. You will get an automated response and then get a reply from them in about 2 weeks where, they attempt to slap you on the wrists then outline the proposal with the consent form.

The next step is to fill out the consent form template attached to this post. Replace all the highlighted (No you don't need to keep the square brackets) parts with your details. Keep the date as the date you complete the form, I, apart from the date on the second page, which is the one that you are agreeing to pay them by. Send this back to them on the email trail you should have with Parking Eye. asking them to print, sign, scan and email back to you. I would ask them for confirmation of the payment method to use before the date you stated.

They should reply back in 2 weeks with a signed consent form and some instructions to pay. The quickest way is to go to https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/ and there is a big "PAY A PARKING CHARGE" section there. Follow those instructions and then pay as soon as you can to keep up your end of the bargain. Once that is done, print, sign and scan the consent form, so that you have it fully completed. Email this back to Parking eye and inform them that payment has been made, and here is the Consent form you will file with the county court. Hopefully that is the last time you will ever have to contact them.

The next step regards the court. You will need to submit a form which effectively asks a Judge to consider the consent form. You will also need to pay a £100 court admin fee. Call one of these 2 departments:

MCOL Helpdesk
    0300 123 1057
    01604 619402

CCBC Helpdesk
    0300 123 1056
    01604 619400

Explain you want to submit a N244 for a set aside by consent, and that you want to do it via email. They should tell you to email ccbcfees@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk with the N244 and Completed Consent form attached. Confirm with them that the email address is still the above. Then ask them to put you through to payment, where you can pay the fee by card. This will be associated using the Claim Number so that it all ties up.

You will need to complete the N244 form which is attached. I have put things in square brackets where I put in something myself, otherwise keep the rest the same. Then write an email to the address previous with the main body stating:

"Please find attached completed N244 form along with Consent form in support of application. These documents regard claim [CLAIM NUMBER]. Could these please be submitted for processing. Court admin fees have been paid on [DATE]"

Name the files with your claim number in them, so they don't get lost. They should contact you if there are any problems, but if not, then it should go through and get worked on in about 4 weeks or something. I heard nothing either way, then received something in the post to state it had been actioned. I also signed up to https://noddle.co.uk which gives you a report each month. I kept checking and one of the tabs states that there is a 'Settled' CCJ, with a poor score too. Eventually one month, the report lost all reference to the CCJ and the score was back up in the green.

Sooooooo. Its not a quick process, but get started NOW. I left it for ages. Draft an email today to parking eye and get the ball rolling. If you want, you could do the Consent form and get that to them on your first contact, so that it goes to them straight away, rather waiting 2 weeks for a reply etc. Its up to you. But get started.

I can't guarantee this will all work for you, but this is as much as I can give you, tried to make it as simple as possible.

Good luck, and remember, pay it forward if someone here asks for help.

Regards
    Ovel
    Attached Files

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...et-aside-a-CCJ

1. You need to be quick.

2. You need to know why you didn't get court papers before deciding whether to go via consent and pay the thieves or get it set aside because it wasn't delivered to your last address etc.

M1

Comment

Absolutely brilliant stuff mate. Its a bitter pill to swallow seen as I still have zero information about when or where this "fine" was even issued but from reading up, this seems like my best course of action for my long term financial wellbeing.

I'll contact the court first thing tomorrow and also get started on a consent letter for the parking Nazi's.

Thanks for the guidance and I'll do my best to keep you up to date with the progress

JM

Comment

Sorry, i didn't see the replies by [MENTION=71696]ovel[/MENTION] when i moved your post to it's own thread. All together now though.

M1

Comment

M1,

please feel free to correct anything in my post, tried to brain dump out my experience to make it as pain free for the next person, but if there is anything that you can add then please do so.

Just hoping that I can be of some help as someone before me was to me!

O

Comment

Originally posted by ovel View Post
              M1,

please feel free to correct anything in my post, tried to brain dump out my experience to make it as pain free for the next person, but if there is anything that you can add then please do so.

Just hoping that I can be of some help as someone before me was to me!

O

I didn't forensically study it but it seems fine. My point was just to decide whether to investigate a proper set aside or whether the ccj is the priority and minimal risk is preferred.

M1

Comment

I cant seem to find a way to edit that older post (the EDIT POST option is not present at the bottom of it), but suffice to say, the numbers for the CCBC are for Northampton County Court. If its different to you then you will need to contact the relevant department to get the emails needed. The relevant court details should be on the CCJ (which is why I said to get a copy of it).

ADMINS, if you can add this info to my post above that would be good - dont want to send people down the wrong path, although conceptually the process should be ok

O

Comment

I can do it, i think, but i have no idea what you are asking me to do ?

M1

Comment

Just an update. I fired off the email and the consent letter attached to parking eye about 10 days ago. Still waiting for a reply. Will post what they come back to me with.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_max99 View Post
                      Just an update. I fired off the email and the consent letter attached to parking eye about 10 days ago. Still waiting for a reply. Will post what they come back to me with.

Sounds a bit slow. Give them a quick call.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                        I can do it, i think, but i have no idea what you are asking me to do ?
                        In my long post detailing all I did, I reference MCOL and CCBC helpdesk numbers. I wanted to add that these may differ depending on which court is relevant to the person, unless that CCBC handle this for the whole country (Which is unlikely I guess). Just wanted to make it explicit, as people may just follow those numbers and emails verbatim.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by joe_max99 View Post
                        Their automated email response says 10 working days, think they got back to me at each step in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Just another update.

I've received the signed tomlin order back form parking eye. Next step is to begrudgingly part with £200 of my hard earned pounds at the worst time of year. This will have to be done after the end of the most for reasons I'm sure you understand.

While doing that I'm going to look at filling in the court forms so they are prepped and ready to be sent.

Cheers Joe

Comment

Another quick update - I've stumped up the £200 for the fine and first thing tomorrow I'll call the court and request to submit the N244 for and may the £100.

Just a question with filling in the form. In box 10 should I write a little bit about why it got this far. Such as

Fine issued XXX
                            Moved house at XXX
                            Updated address as soon as moved with DVLA and council
                            No further attempts made to contact
                            Reverted to even older address therefore giving me no possible opportunity to pay the fine

or should I just leave it as see attached consent form?

Cheers Joe

Comment

What an application notice must include
                              23.6 An application notice must state –
                              (a) what order the applicant is seeking; and
                              (b) briefly, why the applicant is seeking the order.

So yes i would put an explanation in the box or witness statement.

Not sure why you paid the £200 before the set aside is granted though. I wouldn't mention that to the court (without lying of course) in case they turn around and say " why do we need to set aside if the matter is concluded then ?"

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X