• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Royal Mail stealing my incoming post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail stealing my incoming post

I've had 7 parcels "vanish" during the last 2months, some signed for/recorded, others not. I am home every day when the postman comes, so i havent missed the post, and i've had no red tickets through the door, and none of them have been left with my neighbours.

Also all letters i receive from DWP (which are alot), arrive opened.

The amount of stress and hassle this is causing me is unreal.

I've put a letter of complaint in to my local sorting office, i'm wondering if i should report this to the police or do they not touch royal mail? Is there any othet regulation bodies (such as trading standards) i can report this to?
    Tags: None

Re: Royal Mail stealing my incoming post

You could contact the police though unless there is hard evidence then its unlikely to prove inconclusive.

Have you received an outcome from the local sorting office?
    What about the parcels that have been signed for do you have copies of the signature and does it say where it was delivered to?
    Is there any possibility that your post could be mixed up with another property? For example if you like in a flat which was within a street itself then the post could be sent to the wrong address, that person has opened it found out it isnt them and then returned it to you?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      You could contact the police though unless there is hard evidence then its unlikely to prove inconclusive.

Have you received an outcome from the local sorting office?
      What about the parcels that have been signed for do you have copies of the signature and does it say where it was delivered to?
      Is there any possibility that your post could be mixed up with another property? For example if you like in a flat which was within a street itself then the post could be sent to the wrong address, that person has opened it found out it isnt them and then returned it to you?
      i have not had a reply from royal mail yet. i dont have copies of the signature of the signed for items, because it was BT who sent them to me, so they will have all the tracking info.

my house has a simple address, and is a normal semi detached house, no flats or A numbers in the street, its not the postman being confused this is definetely theiving within the postal system.

Comment

AS yet you have no evidence of any theft by postmen ( or interference with your mail, DWP for example ) .You have done the right thing to report the matter to Royal Mail via your complaint and you can hope that similar incidents are occurring elsewhere on the round to prove that the postmen are actually involved. Clearly all postmen are aware that theft of interference with mail is a major offence and at the very least will lead to dismissal if not a criminal prosecution.

Have you asked BT to take up the case of lost parcel mail with Royal Mail as they are the ones who hold the postal contract as senders? Is it possible that someone else is interfering with mail, possibly neighbours or even someone within your household? I have seen two very similar cases where neighbours have done exactly that.

Seems to me that you should be arranging collection directly from the sorting office for a period until this is investigated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X