• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** Forgotten debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten debt

Originally posted by oddball View Post
    Thank you Charitynjw. I have looked everywhere to see if I should post 'signed for' or just obtain proof of posting but cant see any advice on that bit?
    Signed for is best!!

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem. Update - Sent SAR off with £10 cheque yesterday to Halifax. Now 40 day wait.

In the meantime today received letter from Cabot saying they currently do not have this info on file (re request I sent them), but say they have requested relevant details which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lender.

They acknowledge the 12 day time limit to provide the info before the credit agreement becomes temporarity unenforceable, but say that because they've had to request this from orig lender they anticipate they can't get it within 12 days but hope that within 40 days they'll be able to retrieve it in order to comply with my request. In the unlikely event they are unable to obtain this info, they will write to me again.

Comment

Thank you Nem. Update - Sent SAR off with £10 cheque yesterday to Halifax. Now 40 day wait.

In the meantime today received letter from Cabot saying they currently do not have this info on file (re request I sent them), but say they have requested relevant details which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lender.

They acknowledge the 12 day time limit to provide the info before the credit agreement becomes temporarity unenforceable, but say that because they've had to request this from orig lender they anticipate they can't get it within 12 days but hope that within 40 days they'll be able to retrieve it in order to comply with my request. In the unlikely event they are unable to obtain this info, they will write to me again.
        Hello Oddball, thanks for the update.

Usual Cabot Clap trap, it's totally meaningless as far as the court process is concerned so if by any chance any thing comes from the court make sure that you meet all the court deadlines!

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, my thoughts entirely. Still hopefully I will get the same info that they get thanks to you advising me to send the SAR off yesterday, plus hopefully I'll know at the same time as them.
          Big thanks to you & everyone on here.

Comment

Well this is a bit worrying. Posted off the SAR on 28/11 first class signed for and it's still not arrived at the destination (I checked in Royal mail track & trace).

Comment

sometimes their site is out of date, you will no doubt get a response from the creditor to your request, Royal Mail ???????????????????????// should be amended to get your mail sorted for you if you are lucky = Mail

Comment

Hi Nem, my thoughts entirely. Still hopefully I will get the same info that they get thanks to you advising me to send the SAR off yesterday, plus hopefully I'll know at the same time as them.
                Big thanks to you & everyone on here.
                Always happy to help.

nem

Comment

Update - Royal Mail is still showing SAR as progressing through its network ??
                  Anyhow, I got a letter today from Bank of Scotland acknowledging it (so it has been delivered) and because I have provided my 'previous address' as well as my current address, they are asking me to go to my nearest branch of BoS taking 2x forms of ID so they can copy & certify them for me to return to BoS, when they can then arrange to update my info and if I don't want to do that I can arrange to collect my "parcel" from a nominated branch of Bos. Once they receive my response they will start requesting the info I have asked for??

I have two queries here which I cannot work out what to do,
                  1) I am only interested in my Halifax account - what's it got to do with BoS? (although I didn't tell them the SAR was for Halifax)
                  2) I don't have a local BoS branch; I do have a Lloyds and a Halifax
                  3) Should I phone them and tell them it's for Halifax?

Are they just playing games because the 40 day limit will be up sometime after the court case at this rate.
                  Any ideas what I should do anybody? Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Hi,

The Company is HBOS Halifax Bank Of Scotland records have been centralised.
                    Halifax Branch will be OK.
                    The will know it's an Halifax account no need to phone.

nem

Comment

Update - HBOS have sent me nothing to date, they have cashed the £10 cheque that I sent them though. I've heard nothing from them.
                      So I'm getting a bit worried here. The original service was dated 7th November, which I assume means 12th November. Adding on 28 days plus the 28 days extension which we agreed on, I'm guessing I need to send some sort of defence in pretty quick. I've worked out this should arrive to them by Saturday 9th Jan? Can I email it?

Can someone tell me if I've worked that out correct and should I put in a defence yet considering I've had no reply from HBOS (re my Halifax card).
                      For anyone new reading this it was a Bank One card purchased by Halifax dating back many years.

Many thanks for any replies and I hope you had a good xmas.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

A SAR allows the recipient 40 days to supply the data.
                            Your defence is in time.

nem

Comment

Hi, many thanks for your reply. Been panicking a bit as your server was down and I couldn't get on here. To make matters worse I cannot get onto MCOL as forgotten the details and the helpline phone number on there is not in operation.

Not sure what you mean by my defence is in time as I haven't done one yet, and not sure I have anything to say other than they have not supplied any info? Do you mean I need to get the defence in by tomorrow? Do you mean I have calculated correctly?

If so, can I email it?
                              many thanks for your help Nemesis45

Comment

enquiries@northampton.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk

make sure case number etc on title

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X