• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** Forgotten debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten debt

Should I be doing anything as it is now 1st April?

Oh no it's not!
    (You can't 'fool' us that easily! )
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Oh no it's not!
      (You can't 'fool' us that easily! )
      to-morrow to-morrow to-morrow

Comment

Hi, me again, latest update : Letter from claimant saying they couldn't get the info I requested in relevant time period and they are continuing to request it and in the meantime my account remains on hold with the solicitors until they can comply with the request. They go on to say that the agreement is currently unenforceable (so they cannot obtain a judgment or decree against me), however I am still obliged to repay etc etc etc.

Well as it's now July (definitely is) and the last payment that I may have made was over 6 years ago - can this now be considered to be statute barred? or is this not considered as they had started proceedings?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by oddball View Post
          the last payment that I may have made was over 6 years ago - can this now be considered to be statute barred? or is this not considered as they had started proceedings?
          Sadly (or annoyingly whichever way you choose to look at it) the Statute Barred clock stops ticking when a court claim is issued.

However if the claim is subsequently discontinued or dismissed then that becomes a different story.

Di

Comment

Hi, we're now in Octgober, I thought they had a time limit or the case becomes 'stayed'? Am I right or wrong, and if right should I be doing something? Many thanks, no rush lol.

Comment

ring the court and ask latest update = stayed no doubt

Comment

Phoned the Court today and at first was told it was "stayed" and during the conversation the man asked someone else a question and then said he had got it wrong it will only be stayed after 6 months have elapsed and the case is currently dormant. The letter from Court said it would be stayed after 28 days (which would have been about February).

Comment

It is stayed and the claimant would need to apply to lift the stay and proceed with the case. The case doesn't just die sadly although the longer they leave it the harder job they have to pick it back up. If you want to bring it to an end you could consider applying to have the case struck out - however that does carry a cost, and risks that the claimant could make a bit more effort to find the documents to get the judgment.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update: Hi, its been a while but yesterday got a letter from Solicitors saying its been discontinued. So happy, thank you all for your help, you are marvellous people.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X