• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo Voluntary Termination

Hi,
    I sent a letter (using the template on here) to MotoNovo to VT my HP agreement with them.I have paid up to 50% of the payable amount , and in their reply they acknowledge that
    I'm waiting for Manheim to contact me to collect the car , and looking at the letter they sent me , I will be required to sign an electronic form at the time agreeing to the result of the inspection.I've attached a copy of the relevant section of their letter to this post
    Am I obliged to do this ? If I don't sign, then they will not collect the car and will not progress the VT
    Am I correct in thinking that , having used the letter template on this site , I have already voluntarily terminated the agreement , so this is all bobbins ?
    The car is in good condition, there are obviously a few stone chips and a couple of chips on the windscreen (non MOT failure).It has a full service history according to manufacturer schedules.
    If they decide not to uplift the car, I'm happy for it to remain on the drive , and will inform them that I'll be charging storage from the date of the Manheim appointment.The Insurance expires on the 18/11/2016 , and I'll also cancel the VED that day.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Motonovo Voluntary Termination

My first comment is that you have already VT'ed with your letter and their statement about "accepting your request to VT..." is bunkum.

If you agree the inspection report then by all means sign it but look for any hidden terms before you do.

Comment

If it stays on your drive after the insurance expires make sure you Sorn the car

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation
        That's what I thought, as you say I've already VT'd it , so there is no need for them to 'progress' it - there is nothing to progress
        I will write to them tomorrow stating this , and wait to see what happens with Manheim

Comment

I have Manheim coming next week to collect the car , but a payment is due tomorrow (been so busy , didn't realise it was that late in the month !)
          As the agreement is terminated and I have paid up to the 50% mark (this is confirmed in the letter sent to me by MotoNovo) , is there a problem with me cancelling the direct debit ?

Comment

No problem, retain all correspondence as evidence in case of dispute later date.

Make ure to take plenty photos of the car inside and out before they collect.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So, today Manheim collected the car , said there were no problems and commented on the good condition
              I then received a 'Notice of default sums' from MotoNovo after I cancelled the direct debit... although they received my VT letter on 01/11/2016
              Letter was dated 29/11/2016.
              Do I just need to go back to them and tell them that as the agreement was terminated, there is no default ?

Comment

If the payment is due after 1/11 then no payment is owed, agreement cancelled and that's that. I would suggest you keep an eye on your credit file too, they may be sneaky and apply a default to it, which at that point you can either make a formal complaint which can take up to 8 weeks or send a letter before action for breach of data protection for not keeping up to date and accurate records.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks - that's what I thought - payment was due on 25/11
                  Will keep an eye on the credit file

Comment

Hi [MENTION=94297]gurninman[/MENTION]

Just wondering if you could give me some advice? My car is being collected on Tuesday after VT'ing through motonovo. Did you sign on collection??? Was there any hidden clauses? And also did you receive any charges for damages?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Kirkie,

I see that no one answered you, did you sign yours on the day of collection .
                      And what was your out come if you don't mind me asking ??
                      I'm going to VT my car in a weeks time just looking for the best way forward

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X