• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Parking Eye, QE2 Terminal Short Stay Car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Parking Eye, QE2 Terminal Short Stay Car park

Afternoon,
    I've just received a PCN from Parking Eye following a visit to the QE2 terminal in Southampton Docks. We paid for four hours (£6) but PE are saying we were in the car park for 4hrs 10mins. I have appealed based on the fact that the time in the car park should have allowed us time to read the notices, get a ticket and then leave with a 10 min grace period. I've also used other justification that may or not be relevant.

Does anyone have any experience of this car park or pictures. its over 60 miles away and is not somewhere that I go. Also I'd be interested in LB's opinions of any aruguments that I've used and if PE throw out my appeal ( as I expect them to are there any good links for me to help prepare my case for POPLA.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Parking Eye, QE2 Terminal Short Stay Car park

I think they might cancel based on the grace period. If not you forgot that this land will be covered by byelaws and as such keeper liability can never be utilised.

M1

Comment

Cheers for the reply. Your comment about byelaws was interesting. Might want to explore that if they reject challenge

Comment

Look around this forum and the Pepipoo forum and you will find quite a few cases of PE at Southampton. As you haven't mentioned byelaws they will probably be back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X