• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ACAS Ealy Conciliation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACAS Ealy Conciliation

Hi Guys

I'm after a quick bit of advice regarding time scales for ET application after going through early conciliation.

An incident happened at working on the 10th August 2016 for which I raised a grievance then appealed the grievance. I had the results of the appeal on 7th November 2016 for which I still do not agree. On the 8th of November I then submitted a request to ACAS for early concilliation which I'm told put a hold on the time given to apply for employment tribunal, which I believe is 3 months minus 1 day of the incident.

Now as far as I understand ACAS will not try and resolve this with my employer but if they fail they will issue me with a certificate which will enable me then to apply for employment tribunal and the clock starts again.

Does this then mean I've only got 2 days after ACAS issue the ceritificate to apply for employment tribunal?

Hope the above makes sense.

Gnarl
    Tags: None

Re: ACAS Ealy Conciliation

Hi gnarl and welcome to the forum. As you rightly state the timescale for making an Employment Tribunal (ET) claim is 3 months minus 1 day or for redundancy, pay and equal pay cases, the time limit is six months minus one day. If early reconciliation applies to your case the process can last up to one calendar month starting on the date on which you notify ACAS of your potential claim. This one-month period can be extended by up to 14 days if, towards the end of the month, ACAS thinks that there is a reasonable prospect of settling the case within those extra 14 days. You can also ask for an extension if you feel it would be beneficial to do so.

If you can’t settle all parts of your dispute, ACAS must issue an early conciliation certificate. This can be:
    • at any point during the early conciliation period, or
    • at the end of the one-month conciliation period, or
    • at the end of the extended one-month-and-14-day period

It will depend on how the early reconciliation certificate is sent to you as to when it is deemed you have received it, so if it is send by email it will be that day and if it is sent by post you will be treated as having received it on the second working day after it was sent. A working day does not include Sundays and public holidays.
    Early conciliation extends the time you have to make your claim. This is because while you are taking part in early conciliation, the clock stops. If negotiations fail, the clock starts running again from the date you are deemed to have received your early conciliation certificate. Time is added to the original time limit for making a claim to make up for the pause during the early conciliation period.

However, you will not know the exact new time limit until conciliation has ended and you have received your early conciliation certificate.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X