• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial v s)cceram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial v s)cceram

Received a claim?
    Issue Date: 07/11/2016
    Amount approx: 748.69
    Claimant: Cabot Financial
    Solicitor: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - BN11 1QP
    Original Creditor: Capital One
    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers
    By an agreement between Capital One & the defendant on or around 28/04/2008 ('the agreement') Capital One agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. The defendant failed to make the minimum payments due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was as signed to the claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 618.69

Is the debt Statute Barred? dont think so
    List any letters you have sent: Have prepared CCA to send to both with £1 postal order and CPR to Solicitor.

Any Other Info: I called solicitor for the agreement number as it was not on the claim, they have provided me with this. I also registered and chose to defend the case.

I do know about this debt and as i have moved a lot over the years, it appeared to have gone away. My father got some letter recently but he RTS all of them wihtout openening. It is a small debt and i could probably pay most of this straight away although i would prefer to spread it out. What is important is that i dont get a CCJ, my credit is improving and i am due to buy a new home in the new year, this will cripple me for another 6 years. Also i am an account manager and checks are made as part of my job. Some of my clients perform security checks and i know debt shows up.

Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Financial v s)cceram

Good morning, welcome to LB.

When exactly did payments cease?
    Have you checked your credit reference files for this debt? If not Noddle and Clear are free online.
    I would expect the account to be showing as defaulted, which would already affect you credit " score" , in the alternative if the account was defaulted
    more than 6 years ago it will no longer be recorded.

You need now to send Cabot Financial a request for a copy of the Cap one agreement (CCA request) there is a£1 statutory fee for this use a Postal Order and mark it " For Statutory Fee Only" . Just so they don't allocate the fee as payment to the debt.

What have you requested via the CPR request.

nem

Comment

Thank you, my report show an agreed payment in Jan 2011, the default was due to come off my file in Feb 2017 so it appears they have taken this to court just before the SB 6 years.

I got claim form yesterday and have already printed out the letters to send, CCA to both and CPR to the solicitor (with £1 postal order in both).

Thanks Nem.

Comment

Originally posted by s)cceram View Post
        Thank you, my report show an agreed payment in Jan 2011, the default was due to come off my file in Feb 2017 so it appears they have taken this to court just before the SB 6 years.

I got claim form yesterday and have already printed out the letters to send, CCA to both and CPR to the solicitor (with £1 postal order in both). The CPR request does not require a fee...

Thanks Nem.

Comment

Thank you Stu

Comment

Your welcome buddy get the CCA request out asap and if it never comes about it can't be legally forced through the court... although the debt would still exist...

Comment

Originally posted by s)cceram View Post

I got claim form yesterday and have already printed out the letters to send, CCA to both and CPR to the solicitor (with £1 postal order in both).

Thanks Nem.
              Hi,

PO only to Carboot CPR31.14 has no fee .

nem

Comment

Hi all, thanks for your help on this.. has really helped.

Wanted to provide an update and hopefully close this.

I got letters back from the solicitor and Cabot who said the debt wasnt theirs and they would need to request it, as such they understand terms but would like to be given 40 days to find this info. This has surpassed 40 days and i wondered if there is any other action for me? Do i just wait? Do i request it to be struck off?

Sorry for spelling, on mobile and the text box is rather small.

Kr,
                James

Comment

Hi James

Did you file a defence?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Apologies.. yes, filed a defense and got a letter from the court and the solicitor. Then sent the letter with the PO, got responses from solicitor and Cabot as mentioned.. nothing at all since

Comment

Once your defence is received & accepted by the court, the Claimant is notified by the court & often is ordered to respond to the defence within 28 days.
                      If so you are normally advised of this by the court.
                      Did you receive any info re this?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I had the initial notification and the court said the claimant would be in touch.. which they did and although they stated the 12 days, they said it would take 40. I have had nothing since, from anyone.

Comment

Phone the court to check on the current status of the claim.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X