Thread: DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    18 Post(s)

Default DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

Hi Beagles,

I hope you can give me some advice here, as I am somewhat confused!

I have also attached the Notice of intended court action from DRP as it gives the additional information and next action I could face.

The issue I have with this is that although I have definitely parked at the station car park, and do so occasionally when I travel to town, I have not received any parking tickets from APCOA, and if they are telling me that they issued me the parking ticket on the 05/01/2016, why has it taken them nearly a year to get in touch with me to tell me this was the case?

If I HAD received the ticket, and was in the wrong I would have paid the fine, or if I felt aggrieved I would have followed the process to content it, but I really haven't heard anything from them.

I moved house in Feb to my new address (which I have blanked out of the letter) but the previous property was a family members who have been bringing the post to us regularly. Not once have they written to me, but the still managed to find my new address?

I am happy to pay the fine if I owe it, but I don't feel it fair that I am now on the receiving end of a £150 fine when I knew nothing whatsoever about the fine being in existence!

Any advice welcome!

OJB
    Attached Files Attached Files

VIP Member

Mentions
    180 Post(s)

Default Re: DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

Ignore. They are debt collectors trying to frighten you into paying.

So they are contending that a parking ticket was issued to your car. (Don't let it be known who was driving). It could have been from ANPR cameras. You could write to APCOA and ask why you, the keeper of the car, have received a letter from their debt collectors when you, nor the driver, have received anything previously.

This is a railway station so no doubt covered by byelaws and therefore they cannot use POFA to hold the keeper liable, only the driver, who they don't know and you don't tell them. You have passed the 6 months for any proceedings to start in the magistrates court.

VIP Member

Mentions
    18 Post(s)

Thank you Ostell

I will write the letter to APCOA and try and get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, could you please explain what you mean by
    You have passed the 6 months for any proceedings to start in the magistrates court.

Thank you!

OJB
    Last edited by OliverJames; 9th November 2016 at 14:49:PM.

VIP Member

Mentions
    819 Post(s)

The problem is that due to the time you will not be granted a chance to appeal. As such file and ignore unless ACPOA send a proper letter before action or court papers. Given they rarely do court, it'll likely time out after 6 years (and a few more love letters). http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/APCOA_Parking_UK.html

At a train station it is likely that byelaws apply anyway and that has a 6 month time limit. https://popla.co.uk/

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email [email protected] if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

VIP Member

Mentions
    18 Post(s)

Hi M1,

Even though the DRP letter states that it is a "notice of intended court action"? I know these letters are worded to scare. Can DRP issue any court action themselves?

OJB

VIP Member

Mentions
    819 Post(s)

There has been no assignment to them so no. (in the same sense we would say you cannot murder someone).

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email [email protected] if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

VIP Member

Mentions
    468 Post(s)

and just to warn you, if you do nothing you will in due course receive a letter from Zenith Collections.
    It is actually just another desk in DRP's office,but they try and scare you!

VIP Member

Mentions
    18 Post(s)

Thank you Des,

Great insight. I will keep my eyes peeled for this letter and file it carefully with the other one. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

OJB