• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crying for help ! Please!

Hi Shann

Have you received confirmation from the court that your defence has been filed & sent to the Claimant, & that they've been told to reply within 28 days?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charity,
      yes I received a confirmation letter from the court , same day as I received a letter from Cabot telling me that they don't have any documents in hand so they've requested it from the original creditor.

Comment

meantime the case time table continues and not on hold as suggested by the idiots @ their solicitors they have no leeway with holding a case up, the court timetable rules so make sure you respond to all court directions.

Comment

Will I receive another letter from the court after 28 days? Defence was submitted on the 10th December.. is it 28 working days or 28 days after the court received my defence? thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shann23 View Post
            Hi Charity,
            yes I received a confirmation letter from the court , same day as I received a letter from Cabot telling me that they don't have any documents in hand so they've requested it from the original creditor.
            So around the 19th Dec?

Will I receive another letter from the court after 28 days? Defence was submitted on the 10th December.. is it 28 working days or 28 days after the court received my defence? thanks again.
            No, the case will probably be stayed if the Claimant does not reply to your defence per court instruction.
            You are not usually informed of this, so you will need to phone the court to verify. (Probably best to allow a couple of days beyond the 28 (calendar) days.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

yes it was around 19th of December.
              Thank you 😊

Comment

Hi ... just want to ask.. you think its okay to call the court tomorrow and ask about the case? or wait for a few more days? thanks x

Comment

Hi ... just want to ask.. you think its okay to call the court tomorrow and ask about the case? or wait for a few more days? thanks x
                  Probably a tad early, as there is a few days allowed for postal delivery.
                  You could phone & ask when the Claimant's response is due.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Okay ..I will wait for a few more days 😊 thanks Charity 😊

Comment

• Re: Crying for help ! Please!

Yes you can phone the court for information.

nem

Comment

Hi! I called the court and they said its "stayed"?! don't know what it really means and what are the next step? 🤔

Comment

It means the case is on hold as the claimant hasn't responded to your defence. They now have to apply to lift the stay before they can proceed.

There are a couple of options - either way though you should give it a couple of weeks first. You can just leave it festering in the background, or you could apply to the court for an order to enforce your CPR 31.14 request for an unless order - so if they fail to comply the claim is struck out - have a read through here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...order-at-court for an idea.

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; as I'm not sure where the courts are coming down with these applications at the moment.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi! I called the court and they said its "stayed"?! don't know what it really means and what are the next step? 樂
                            OK it means the claimant has not responded to your defence so the court has suspended the claim, the claimant must now pay a fee to continue.

The claimant can at any time pay the fee, unfortunately a " stay " is open ended.

If the stay becomes prolonged then it's worth giving them an ultimatum discontinue the claim of their own volition or you will apply to the court for the claim to be struck out and claimant will have to pay the fee for the app.

nem

Comment

@Amethsyst from what I'm seeing "early " application for strike out are being very robustly challenged by claimants and more than a few judges are in sympathy with them.

nem

Comment

Hi, been a long time and still haven't received any update from claimant or solicitors.. do you think its the best time for me to send them another letter? and if so.. is there any template or any idea of another letter please?? thank you all so much! x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X