• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI paid by deceased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI paid by deceased

Can a deceased's executor make a PPI claim in respect of the deceased
    Tags: None

Re: PPI paid by deceased

BUMP
    Does anyone know when PPI was first introduced?

Comment

To 30 Years of

Mis-sold PPI

Comment

Do you mean the 30 yrs starts from the date of it being sold?

A claim company told me that it only deals with claims from 1989 onwards, as PPI wasnt introduced before then?

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
          Do you mean the 30 yrs starts from the date of it being sold?

A claim company told me that it only deals with claims from 1989 onwards, as PPI wasnt introduced before then?
          That sounds about right, the 90s according to this https://www.theguardian.com/business...andal-unfolded

Both OFT and the Competition Commission did market studies on PPI so you could try those for the history of PPI, though they might be tough to find as they're both defunct.

On claims for a deceased person, I think you can but I'd give the FOS a call and I'm sure they can tell you for sure. In fact ask them about when PPI started too.

Comment

Am sure you can claim it and then it would be part of the estate, not an easy thing though to prove mis selling imo unless you already know of a valid reason.

Comment

Credit Protection policies were available back in the 60s, but it wasn't until the late 80's that the banks latched on, and then started the misselling spree of worthless (to the consumer) policies.

Comment

Can a deceased's executor make a PPI claim in respect of the deceased
                Do you mean a claim of mis-selling PPI so that the premiums can be refunded?

Or do you mean in the event the deceased may have been entitled to make a claim on the policy due to illness prior to death (or any reason covered by the policy) can the Executor process the claim on their behalf?

The answer to either question is an Executor can deal with the claim. Sadly not enough know that they can.

Di

Comment

Yes I mean a claim of mis-selling PPI so that the premiums can be refunded.
                  I enquired about this with Gladstone Brookes, they said they wont take on claims by executors unless the executor and the deceased were joint account holders

Comment

I enquired about this with Gladstone Brookes, they said they wont take on claims by executors unless the executor and the deceased were joint account holders
                    Why use a fee charging Claims Management Company? Gladstone Brookes say they charge 25% plus VAT of any PPI refund they recover

Di

Comment

I was just testing the water

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X