• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - Advice Needed Dodgy Accountant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - Advice Needed Dodgy Accountant

Hi all, any advice would be great please. 6 years ago I set up a dormant company and used an accountant for this - I clearly instructed and have email proof that the company was not operational or trading until I arranged the branding and back end. Unfortunately I had a few family health issues and focused on my family and career. The accountant than began charging me from £160 to £250 to update the company accounts and register again with company house - he told me this was a long process and preferred cash payment as he would reduce the cost by £20-40 - he kept doing this until I realised that the process was extremely straight forward and could be done in minutes for only £20. I then closed the company myself and continued with my life - he then sent me another invoice via email a few years to request me to pay £200 and I just ignored - yesterday I received a county court letter claim that says I have to pay him plus court costs. This man is a crook - part of me just wants to pay and close this unfortunate chapter. Any advice please and sorry for the essay.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Please Help - Advice Needed Dodgy Accountant

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Ok you have a county court claim, have you acknowledged service? If not do so asap as you have only a limited time to respond.

Or Has this accountant got a judgement by default against you?

When was this first time he issued an invoice for this money?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X