• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd's bank account sold to robway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd's bank account sold to robway

Hi all, I'm new here so please bare with me

Earlier this year (Feb/March) I received compensation from Lloyd's for unfair bank charges of a £50 OD which dated back to 2012. The finiantial ombudsman helped me through the process, I accepted a good will getrure of £250 on the basis that they contact Robinson way DC and inform get them to stop with the debt letters and phone calls, which they agreed (on the phone).
    Anyways, case settled happy days or so I thought! A matter of months past and the harrasment stopped and I was moving forward with my life, then out of the blue I received a letter from robway demanding £350 for the same debt as the previous months before. I rang them and started explaining that Lloyd's settled the debt with me months back and Lloyd's were to Inform robway, they never were Informed apparently.
    I have bipolar and severe acrophobia with occasional self harm and suicide mishaps, don't worry I have the best support workers, CPN (social services) mental health nurse...
    I tried to explain to robway that the case was settled and they are harrasing a vulnerable man and making me start the whole process again with no thought of previous conversations explaining the same thing. They then told me that they will contact Lloyd's about it but then proceeded to inform me there is a second debt to the value of £495 as well as £350 for a total separate Lloyd's account in my name, I have only ever had one account with Lloyd's but I'm being told there's a second account which I am 100% sure I did not apply for.
    I hope this post is not too complicated for those who may be able to advise me on what to do, I tried my best to be clear on this post I hope someone can guide me in the right direction many thanks for taking time to read this if you made it this far thanks very much in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyd's bank account sold to robway

Hello,

I've tagged [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] for asisstance, he will respond when he can
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

OK rob thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by Toonlad23 View Post

Earlier this year (Feb/March) I received compensation from Lloyd's for unfair bank charges of a £50 OD which dated back to 2012. The finiantial ombudsman helped me through the process, I accepted a good will getrure of £250 on the basis that they contact Robinson way DC and inform get them to stop with the debt letters and phone calls, which they agreed (on the phone).
        Anyways, case settled happy days or so I thought! A matter of months past and the harrasment stopped and I was moving forward with my life, then out of the blue I received a letter from robway demanding £350 for the same debt as the previous months before. I rang them and started explaining that Lloyd's settled the debt with me months back and Lloyd's were to Inform robway, they never were Informed apparently.
        I have bipolar and severe acrophobia with occasional self harm and suicide mishaps, don't worry I have the best support workers, CPN (social services) mental health nurse...
        I tried to explain to robway that the case was settled and they are harrasing a vulnerable man and making me start the whole process again with no thought of previous conversations explaining the same thing. They then told me that they will contact Lloyd's about it but then proceeded to inform me there is a second debt to the value of £495 as well as £350 for a total separate Lloyd's account in my name, I have only ever had one account with Lloyd's but I'm being told there's a second account which I am 100% sure I did not apply for.
        I hope this post is not too complicated for those who may be able to advise me on what to do, I tried my best to be clear on this post I hope someone can guide me in the right direction many thanks for taking time to read this if you made it this far thanks very much in advance
        Good morning Toonlad.

I'm afraid this is typical of RW and its associates one hand hasn't a clue the other is incompetent.

You post is very clear btw!

I believe your way forward is to make a Formal Complaint to Najib Nathoo the CEO at RW it's pointless going through customer (did) service.

Do you have anything from Lloyds about the settlement?

nem

Put the facts together and your " evidence " be firm and to the point,

Comment

Morning [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] Looks Like Toonlad has two identical threads, I've responded on the first one.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            Hello,

I've tagged [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] for asisstance, he will respond when he can
            Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Morning [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] Looks Like Toonlad has two identical threads, I've responded on the first one.

nem
            Thanks for the speedy reply nemesis well, when the settlement was arranged Lloyd's sent me out a final settlement via post but this was some months ago now, and to be honest I was under the impression I wouldn't need it again so I've most likely binned it :/ any ideas how Robway have got two separate debts bought from Lloyd's in my name? I have only ever been aware of having one account? Its mincing my brain it must be a mistake surley...but the lady on the phone did read out both account numbers and they were different

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply nemesis well, when the settlement was arranged Lloyd's sent me out a final settlement via post but this was some months ago now, and to be honest I was under the impression I wouldn't need it again so I've most likely binned it :/ any ideas how Robway have got two separate debts bought from Lloyd's in my name? I have only ever been aware of having one account? Its mincing my brain it must be a mistake surley...but the lady on the phone did read out both account numbers and they were different
              OK,

I would recommend giving Lloyds a call to see if they can tell you anything about the 2nd account, with the appalling paperwork reputation Lloyds ha had over the year anything could have happened.

nem

Comment

Hello,

OK,

I would recommend giving Lloyds a call to see if they can tell you anything about the 2nd account, with the appalling paperwork reputation Lloyds ha had over the year anything could have happened.

nem
                Thanks nem! I will do that now, I'm hoping its some sort of mistake, will let you know how the call goes.

Can Robinson way still actually push for outstanding debt they bought from the seller (Lloyd's)?, even though Lloyd's admitted wrongfully adding charges to an OD after they sold my 1st account?

As you can see I havnt for the best knowledge of this sorta thing but I appreciate your input

Comment

Thanks nem! I will do that now, I'm hoping its some sort of mistake, will let you know how the call goes.

Can Robinson way still actually push for outstanding debt they bought from the seller (Lloyd's)?, even though Lloyd's admitted wrongfully adding charges to an OD after they sold my 1st account?

As you can see I havnt for the best knowledge of this sorta thing but I appreciate your input
                  If this is purely the charges levied on the account they will struggle I think.

Don't hesitate to come back with any queries.

nem

Comment

Hello,

If this is purely the charges levied on the account they will struggle I think.

Don't hesitate to come back with any queries.

nem
                    So I've just finished talking to Lloyd's, turns out that both accounts are in fact the same account.

Back in march when I made a complaint to Lloyd's for wrongful bank charges, they bought half of the account back from Robinson way who had bought the debt in Oct 2015, Lloyd's bought half of the whole debt back and passed it on to me as a matter of good will. I've just lodged another complaint for the remainder of the debt as I feel as tho I am entitled to the whole debt and not just half.

What's your thoughts on this nem? I have a feeling I'm just wasting my time but never know hehe

Comment

So I've just finished talking to Lloyd's, turns out that both accounts are in fact the same account.

Back in march when I made a complaint to Lloyd's for wrongful bank charges, they bought half of the account back from Robinson way who had bought the debt in Oct 2015, Lloyd's bought half of the whole debt back and passed it on to me as a matter of good will. I've just lodged another complaint for the remainder of the debt as I feel as tho I am entitled to the whole debt and not just half.

What's your thoughts on this nem? I have a feeling I'm just wasting my time but never know hehe
                      Sound like one of Lloyds dodgy practices again.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X