• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - Charge for Machine Polish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - Charge for Machine Polish

Hi,

I have recently VT my car and am looking for some advice. The car was collected by an company acting on behalf of the finance company. The agent that collected the car inspected it and provided a receipt to the effect that there was no damage.

Everything seemed to be fine until I received a letter from the agent asking for £150 for damage to the vehicle, £65 of this is for a machine polish. This was after a second inspection.

Arguing the damage should not be problematic as they took photos at collection and so did I prior to collection, which show there is no paintwork damage is allege is there. The damage they are alleging is all superficial and would have been visible on collection. I could understand if the damage they alleged was something not easily visible at collection but the car was clean.

However, i have never heard of anyone trying to charge for machine polishing a car when returned. My thoughts are this was there choice prior to auctioning and the majority of the vehicles returned under VT won't have been machine polished prior to collection. Any dulling of the paint would be fair wear and tear. What annoys me is that I had machined polish the car 2 weeks prior, so it is a lot of nonsense.

To top it off is I then received a letter from the Police to advise the car had been caught on camera doing 94 mph in a 70 mph on the way down to the auction house, while being driven by the agent. For me this shows that the agent was not taking care of the vehicle while in his possession and as far as I am concerned the damaged must have occurred after collection.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: VT - Charge for Machine Polish

Hello,

Do you still have a copy of the receipt showing no damage?

I would also report to the police that you were not the driver but it was an agent of the auction house as he had collected it on the day, this should absolve you of any liability.

Ultimately, in my opinion I would dispute and challenge the damages they are trying to claim.

I have a guide with some sample letters here -> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...on-Your-rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: VT - Charge for Machine Polish

Hi R0b,

Yes, I had this emailed to me. The agent had asked me to sign his handheld PDA on collection, but I refused until he showed me what he had entered with regards to condition of the vehicle and any damage. My attitude it did not show visible signs of damage on collection now prove the damage was not cause by your agents careless driving as shown by the fact he speeding well in excess of the speed limit.

I have sent the information onto the Police, they were very helpful when I telephoned to explain what happened and provided them with a copy of the collection receipt and I've heard nothing further.

Thanks for the assistance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X