• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

depression and gross misconduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• depression and gross misconduct

i have a history of severe depression. I had a bout in early august. people at work soon noticed that i was not right and informed management. i was in no fit state to work but they did not send me home over the next few days i stole wine from work and drank it there eventually i was dismissed despite the depression and lack of duty of care. i was not given a copy of their doctors assesment on me at all. i should have had this before the hearing. it is going to appeal dont think i have much chance but nothing to lose
    Tags: None

Re: depression and gross misconduct

Hello Troublesome, welcome to LB.

What an awful situation to be in.

I'm sure our employment experts will be along to help as soon as they are available.

nem

Comment

Hi & welcome to LB

The chances of successfully appealing an ET judgment is sadly very slim.
      The appeal will firstly be put through a procedure known as 'the sift'. This is a preliminary step designed in part to weed out any prospective appeal which does not match the limited criteria by which an appeal is allowed to be heard.
      In general this would be where the ET has erred re a point of law, or was legally perverse in some way.
      It is extremely rare that an ET's finding of fact is successfully challenged.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I hope you have had a chance to see your GP and are getting proper care / treatment. Remember that what ever happens this is not the end of the world-just a quick tip-toe through this site and you will see that people have come back from similar and far worse situations.
        LB’s have no closing time. When ever you are feeling a bit low come on and take a look at what is going on. Have a read through Friday smile or take a look at one of our (often hotly) debated issues! Please also let us know how you get on. Your feedback will help others on here and may make a huge difference to them. Don’t be a stranger.!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

I'm sorry that you had to face such a situation

Comment

Hi, last month my ex-boyfriend betrayed me before our engagement.. I was so depressed, all my pillows were in tears. It was really the worst time ever for me.
            I didn’t want to work, to eat, especially to have fun with my friends . Anyway, I realized that I have to go somewhere cuz my life must go on. So, it was really hard for me and my sister found where to buy kratom. I’m not a supporter of drugs, but I can say that it helps me, I completely satisfied cuz my life become normal and colorful again. It isn’t addictive, easy and simple to use.
            Last edited by FrankMathis; 12th July 2020, 16:22:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X