• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Skye Loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skye Loans

Hi, not had to post for awhile, finally on tops of things.. however, I had a loan with Black Horse who sold the loan on to Skye Loans about 18 months ago, the payments were £250 per month. The actual loan was finished in Sept 16 but due to a previous dispute with BH there is still an outstanding arrears of just over £2000. I have offered to pay £50 per month to pay this off until April/May 17, when I have a large sum of money due, which they have seen the written statements and letters regarding this. They are now saying they are not happy with the plan and are demanding to see my wage slips and bank statements. I have told them over and over again, that the last few months of wage slips are not a true reading of my wage. I do have a basic wage, but I also receive a commission, some months it can in be over £1000 but due to the nature of the job, I then may not get any at all for a good few months. The last few months have been high but I am not expecting anything now until March 17, meaning that I have to manage the good wages over the months. They will not take this into account. Can they demand this paper work, if they have been offered a payment plan and have seen the money will be paid within 6 months, are they being unreasonable ?? They have even said they will start litigation to the courts with me if I do not provide this. If they did do this and I prove to the court that the money will be repaid as stated above, would the court take this into account ??Please help and advise, any help will be gratefully received. I need to know what options are available to me, so I can sort this out asap. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Skye Loans

To keep them happy are you not able to offer them the £250 pm that you were paying to BH?

Comment

I have just spoken to them again today, after reading other threads on here relating to the same company, I advised them that I do not need to send wage slips or bank statements unless ordered by a court. They replied by saying that without them they will not accept my offer of payment and will start court proceedings. Can they legally do this and if it went to court and I can show the court the offer I have made plus the fact it will be completely paid within 6 months, would they uphold skye loans complaint. Also I don't think there is a 2nd mortgage registered on the house on the land register either, it certainly doesn't show on any credit files. Are their threats even legal ? Ostell, why should I cause myself hardship all over again to keep them happy, when they clearly don't care about their customers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Confused and lost View Post
        The actual loan was finished in Sept 16 but due to a previous dispute with BH there is still an outstanding arrears of just over £2000.
        What was the previous dispute about (in case you need a Defence if they issue court proceedings)?

Di

Comment

It never went to court Di, it was again due to arrears on the account they added 6 months on the term without telling me and apparently Skye informed me today the account is showing as having a holiday break back in 2011 with BH, which I never had. It just keeps getting worse. I am now applying for SAR and have told them I want the accout put into dispute but they (Skye) have refused ??

Comment

it was again due to arrears on the account they added 6 months on the term without telling me and apparently Skye informed me today the account is showing as having a holiday break back in 2011 with BH, which I never had. It just keeps getting worse. I am now applying for SAR and have told them I want the accout put into dispute but they (Skye) have refused ??
            Make a formal complaint in writing and then you can escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you don't achieve a sensible response. If nothing else this may buy you time until you say you have a lump sum payment coming into your bank account.

Why not also send a s.77-79 CCA Request to Skye to get a copy of the original loan agreement in case it's flawed in some way. It may not be, but they'll have a statutory obligation to respond to your request.

How much was the loan for and when did you open the account?

Di

Comment

Di it was for £5000 taken out in 2010 at £250 per month. Skye also said today something about capital interest on the account for £1520 at the end of the term which i dont understand as it was a fixed loan agreement ??

Comment

Skye also said today something about capital interest on the account for £1520 at the end of the term which i dont understand as it was a fixed loan agreement ??
                Could that be anything to do with a payment holiday which you said Skye claimed you took in 2011?

Ask Skye to send you statements from the account's inception.

You should get those from your SAR to BH but it'll keep them busy in the meantime to hopefully delay any legal proceedings which they are threatening you with.

And did you ask BH why they added six months onto the loan term without telling you which you say was the basis of your previous dispute?

it was again due to arrears on the account they added 6 months on the term without telling me and apparently Skye informed me today the account is showing as having a holiday break back in 2011 with BH
                Keep everything in writing if you're building a case. No more phone calls

Di

Comment

I did ask BH about the added months, they said they had no idea why they had been added there wete no notes on the system and no way of tracing who did it or why, just said details had been amended. Can I ask BH for SAR even if not now with them ?

Comment

Can I ask BH for SAR even if not now with them ?
                    Yes you can

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X