• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aysh - RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aysh - RLP

Hi
    Can some please advice me I was heavily pregnant whilst shopping in boots I was picking a foundation and I took it out of its orginal box I usually do this as last time the foundation in the box was A different colour to what inside I continue to walk around as you can imagine I was heavily pregnant at that time without even realising I walked out with the foundation in my hand then I was approached by the security guard who took me upstairs there was also a women who was present from the shop floor the security guard question me I tried to explain to him I was shop lifting thus was a genuine mistake but he assumed as I took the foundation out of the box that I was infact stealing the item though I kindly explained to him that wasn't the case hence why it was still in my hand Anyways he then threaten me saying look yoh did shop lift so admit it before I call the police I didn't want to go through the police as I already not feeling very good being so heavily pregnant and having so much pressure he made me sign a paper took a photo copy of my ID which had an old address I didn't correct them with my address as ofcourse I didn't want any corrospence going to my new address. As time went by I completely forgot to make payment for the fine original the fine was of £35 pounds though the item was not damaged at all. Today I recieved a call from county collection office who then told me j know owed them 137 something around that figure I need to know what do I do because I didn't shoplift I was clearly pressured into saying I did shop lift even after many failed attempts to explain this to the security guard I'm worried as I read on their website that can find me through the council can someone please advice me on what to do I would of paid the £35 though this was a genuine mistake but 2 months After I had my baby boy and as you can imagine i was so busy enjoying motherhood that I completely forgot about this fine but I guess not telling the. My real address didn't help as they've know charged me so much more can someone please tell me if they can take me court over this and what is the best thing to do
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from RLP after caught shoplifting from Boots

Hi there.
    First of all, calm down and cease worrying.

Secondly, I find your post a little confusing.
    Can you confirm that we are dealing only with one incident, which occurred sometime ago (when?) in Boots.
    The police were not involved,
    You were heavily pregnant and the Boots personnel interrogated you using threats and pressurising you into an admission of shoplifting.
    You gave them an old address.
    RLP (or was it a different outfit?) asked for a £35 donation (NOT A FINE), which you ignored/forgot.
    You have now been contacted by phone with a request for approx £137 (about their normal charge).
    Who exactly was this phone call from, and did they leave an address to which you could send the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Aysh View Post
      Hi
      Can some please advice me I was heavily pregnant whilst shopping in boots I was picking a foundation and I took it out of its orginal box I usually do this as last time the foundation in the box was A different colour to what inside I continue to walk around as you can imagine I was heavily pregnant at that time without even realising I walked out with the foundation in my hand then I was approached by the security guard who took me upstairs there was also a women who was present from the shop floor the security guard question me I tried to explain to him I was shop lifting thus was a genuine mistake but he assumed as I took the foundation out of the box that I was infact stealing the item though I kindly explained to him that wasn't the case hence why it was still in my hand Anyways he then threaten me saying look yoh did shop lift so admit it before I call the police I didn't want to go through the police as I already not feeling very good being so heavily pregnant and having so much pressure he made me sign a paper took a photo copy of my ID which had an old address I didn't correct them with my address as ofcourse I didn't want any corrospence going to my new address. As time went by I completely forgot to make payment for the fine original the fine was of £35 pounds though the item was not damaged at all. Today I recieved a call from county collection office who then told me j know owed them 137 something around that figure I need to know what do I do because I didn't shoplift I was clearly pressured into saying I did shop lift even after many failed attempts to explain this to the security guard I'm worried as I read on their website that can find me through the council can someone please advice me on what to do I would of paid the £35 though this was a genuine mistake but 2 months After I had my baby boy and as you can imagine i was so busy enjoying motherhood that I completely forgot about this fine but I guess not telling the. My real address didn't help as they've know charged me so much more can someone please tell me if they can take me court over this and what is the best thing to do
      Aysh, the best thingto do is start a new thread. Then take a deep breath! As you canprobably tell from other posts you are neither the first or last tobe in this situation. Start a new thread and give the Expert beaglesa chance to read it and reply.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Perhaps [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] could set a new thread up for Aysh, perleese

Comment

Just ignore. Nobody but the courts can fine you and neither Boots nor County Collections have that power. You will get further letters but ignore them as well.

Comment

Re: Aysh - RLP

OOPS-Sorry, didn't see the new thread.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X