• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Product not Supplied as Promised for important business meeting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product not Supplied as Promised for important business meeting.

Hi Folks

I hope this is the right section to post in?

Very simply,
    We have asked a print company to get some clothing ready for us for a certain important date.
    I had a rough price quoted
    This date has passed and I have only had 50% of the products prepared, which made us look bad.
    Every excuse has been made, and the price has trebled, and we wern't informed that this would increase.
    Promised calls and emails have not been sent as promised.

We don't want the product that we havn't received yet.
    A small deposit has been paid initially.

Its a small company, as we love promoting small businesses, and were looking forward to a long relationship with this supplier.
    We wanted to see how they would cope and behave.

1. Where do we stand, and do we have to accept good?
    2. What is a good review site to give feedback on for businesses?
    3. Would reviewing our experience on a feedback site bother them?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Product not Supplied as Promised for important business meeting.

Hi and welcome.

Assuming there is no written contract but emails show the intent:
    Was the print company aware that the order needed to be fulfilled by that particular date?
    If so, and they failed to complete said order on time, they were possibly in breach of contract and you could initiate court proceedings seeking damages

Regarding price, where the contract has not fixed the price the buyer must pay what is reasonable, and that depends on the individual circumstances.
    Regarding late delivery, as time was possibly of the essence, you could probably refuse to accept the goods, reject the goods already delivered and repudiate the contract in its entirety.

Sale of Goods Act 1979 is the basic relevant legislation

Comment

Hi Des8,
      Thanks for the Welcome.

There was no written contract, or even emails, concerning deadlines, but I stated the urgency.
      We trusted the company at their word and promise.
      I made the deadline to their benefit which made it difficult for me, but they didn't manage even the extended day.

The main reason that this was important is that it is a new contract and also, we need to be recognised clearly for security reasons also.
      Is the sales of goods act 1979 still valid and if so how can I download it?

Thanks

Comment

For Business to Business sales the 1979 Act is the fundamental piece of legislation.
        Wording available here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

The obvious difficulty you will have is the lack of a written contract, but that won;t necessarily be insurmountable..

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          For Business to Business sales the 1979 Act is the fundamental piece of legislation.
          Wording available here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

The obvious difficulty you will have is the lack of a written contract, but that won;t necessarily be insurmountable..
          Hi Des8

I have asked for a written breakdown and as yet they havn't sent one.
          I dont want to sue, but an more concerned that the product urgency has decreased.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Prawnography View Post
            ....... but an more concerned that the product urgency has decreased......
            Is this an ongoing contract for supply?
            I had the impression it was a one off , almost a trial order

Comment

It was a trial but we need a supplier, so if it isn't with them it has to be with a company.
              We have a requirement that will only increase, as we are expanding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X