• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancing - Completion question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancing - Completion question

I would be grateful if someone could tell me when it became the norm for the sale proceeds to be transferred from solicitor to the seller in the next working day following completion. This seems to me to be to be a contradiction of the term 'completion'.
    Tags: None

Re: Conveyancing - Completion question

Hi and welcome

Would that be the buyer's solicitor or seller's solicitor to whom you refer?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome

Would that be the buyer's solicitor or seller's solicitor to whom you refer?
      Hi, thank you for your quick response. It is the seller's solicitor that I'm referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by rose75 View Post
        tell me when it became the norm for the sale proceeds to be transferred from solicitor to the seller in the next working day following completion. This seems to me to be to be a contradiction of the term 'completion'.
        Completion date and time should be in the contract at exchange. This is normally 2 pm. Any funds which arrive late from the buyer or their solicitor can attract a 'late completion' charge.

The seller's solicitor will inform their client that the funds have arrived so that the keys can be released.

I'm not sure what you are asking but has a solicitor been slow to transfer the funds they received (so completion took place) to the client?

What's happened in your situation or is this a hypothetical question?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X