• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Collection arranged for tomorrow Urgent Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - Collection arranged for tomorrow Urgent Help!!

Hi guys,

I would be really grateful if anyone could help out! [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

My VT is arranged and the vehicle is due to be collected TOMORROW morning. When I left work today I tried to open the boot of my Volvo S40 and the boot would not open! I have tried the second key, looking at the latch from this inside and getting a screwdriver and forcing it open and looking at the fuses to see if it would open the boot but to no avail. I've also contacted Volvo assist who recommend I take the car into the garage ASAP.

The problem is the representative from Anglia is due to pick the vehicle up at about 9am tomorrow morning and I am worried that the boot not opening will not be classed as "reasonable wear and tear". Could anyone help out to explain will the boot not opening be a problem? Or is it best to contact Anglia as soon as I can in the morning and cancel the appointment? Will cancelling the appointment cause a problem?

I cannot believe this has happened the night before I'm due to return the car!

If anyone could help I would be really grateful

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination - Collection arranged for tomorrow Urgent Help!!

Hello

Its really up to you. Usually they will conduct an external review of the car and not actually check the mechanics of the car such as the boot or the heater fans, windscreen wipers etc. So unless there is reason for them to open the boot I would be surprised if they checked to see if it worked.

If the boot doesn't open then you could simply say it worked the day before and you've not used it since so in your eyes it was working. Although I didn't have a volvo I did have an issue with my boot opening and it turned out to be a fuse/battery issue or something which was found behind one of the panels where the electrics were hiding in the boot. Was a £50 job but that doesn't mean to say yours is the same problem.

You also have to realise that the law says the car must be returned in a reasonable condition and one issue with the car does not necessarily mean that it the car is handed back in a condition that is not reasonable, especially the boot not opening! If the car still runs and functions well in general then you could say that the battery/fuse or whatever issue is simply worn out and falls under reasonable wear and tear.

If you really want to cancel the agent coming then it is likely they may try and charge you for cancelling so late which would have caused the lender to cause further costs, not to mention additional costs to you for taking it to a Volvo garage and having it fixed.

Personally if it was me I would wing it and plead ignorance. If its brought up at a later time I would challenge it, but it is your choice and don't have to follow what I would do.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Thank you so much for getting back to me quickly!

Yes, the fuse/battery was my initial thought as well.

Yes, the car is in great shape apart from a couple of scuffs on the alloys. I have just serviced and also the vehicle was MOT'd a couple of months ago so it runs like a dream! I think what you say is worth giving it a go and see what happens in the morning. I appreciate your help. Hopefully I won't hear anything back after.

Many thanks

Nathaniel

Comment

Aside from the boot problem, if everything else is running fine and as well as a recent service then I would think you are fine. You can't say that the boot not opening has a significant impact on the condition of the vehicle overall. If there was an engine problem instead then that would be a different story.

These guys usually have a checklist which consists of any damage to the exterior and it is marked, they don't generally carry out a full inspection of the vehicle.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X