• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

notice of proposed allocation to the fast track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notice of proposed allocation to the fast track

Dear all,
    i am new to this forum and really need your advise on currant situation

i used to live in a rented house in 2011
    the property occupied by multiple tenants but upon land lord request the tenancy was under my name just to satisfy the council.
    in 2014 council visited our house and fined my land lord due to poor condition of property and non availability of heath and safety equipment.
    land lord sent us the section 21 to gain the possession of property .
    and then subsequent y approached to the court to evict us.
    his claim was stuck out due to the validity of tenancy.
    the tenancy agreement expired on the march of 2016.
    i evict the property at the end of tenancy.
    the rent was up to date

now after eight months lator i got a letter from the Northampton court stating that my ex landlord asking for rent (which i dont owe)
    i had submitted the defence form along with all proof of eviction .
    now i had received Notice of proposed allocation to the fast track
    i really need help in completing this form as i dont understand few things in N181 form
    as
    1-settlement (as a defendant what should i put) do i have to contact my land lord to settle the matter
    2-pre action protocols (what should i put there)

your help should be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: notice of proposed allocation to the fast track

What is the basis of your ex-Landlord's claim if you say all the rent was paid up until the time you were evicted?

Do you mean your share of the rent was paid and now he is trying to recover rent which wasn't paid by the other tenants, but since your name only was on the tenancy agreement he's pursuing you alone?

Or is it for some other reason?

(What is the deadline for filing your DQ?)

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      What is the basis of your ex-Landlord's claim if you say all the rent was paid up until the time you were evicted?

Do you mean your share of the rent was paid and now he is trying to recover rent which wasn't paid by the other tenants, but since your name only was on the tenancy agreement he's pursuing you alone?

Or is it for some other reason?

(What is the deadline for filing your DQ?)

Di

dear Diana,
      Thank you for your reply,
      he is claiming his rent from januray 2016 to sep 2016,
      one most important thing is rent was being paid to him through out since 2011 to 2016 cash.
      he is claiming repairing cost eight thousand .
      the dead line is to file N181 is 20th November

i think he is taking revenge as he had very massive fight with me while i was residing there and he harassed me by banging my house door and a lot of mess and scene he created

Comment

If the tenancy expired in March 2016 (when you say you were evicted) and you'd paid your rent up until then, why is he claiming for rent due between January and September when you had already vacated the property?

Did your Landlord register your deposit in a Government approved scheme?

Was there an Inventory taken at the start of the tenancy and again at the end to establish the 'before-and-after' condition if he wants to claim £8k for repairs?

I'm not sure of the relevance of your rent payments being made in cash unless he's denying he ever received the rent.

Di

Comment

Dear Dina,
          as i mentioned the property was in very poor condition and no deposit was required by land lord when i moved in the property 2011.

in term of inventory i didn't get that?
          the tenancy was expired in march 2016 and i evicted the property at the end of my tenancy, i have all proof to prove that from April 2016 to till now i have been moved out ,
          but in term of completing the N181 CANT UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS OF THIS FORM

Comment

in 2013 he had changed the carpets due to bugs and insects in the carpets

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X