• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA Appeal

sorry - wrong forum.
    Last edited by StarryMK; 27th October 2016, 16:11:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: POPLA Appeal

1) Entry into the car park is via barrier, and there is only one sign on the other side of the road directing drivers to see terms and conditions inside car park
    LOL. There is clear case law on terms and conditions being inside a barrier.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/1970/2.html

Have you contacted PALS ?

M1

Comment

POPLA Appeal

having read the POPLA reasons for appeal, I am trying to decide which reason I should appeal on.

In summary, I am a staff member with a staff permit. On the day i received the ticket I had parked in the hospital car park (2 levels for staff, 2 for visitors but both using the same barrier entrance) as I was attending an appointment with my daughter. Got the ticket and wrote to them explaining (should have just waited for NTK, kicking myself now, but whats done is done). Appeal rejected of course.

So I was going to appeal on a couple of points

1) Entry into the car park is via barrier, and there is only one sign on the other side of the road directing drivers to see terms and conditions inside car park - so was going with insufficient signage and lack of entrance signs as per BPA regulations (its a UKPC ticket)

2) I wasnt parked incorrectly as they have stated. Although I had a staff permit on display (its stuck to my windscreen) I was a visitor at the time and therefore parked correctly.

I am going to the hospital again tomorrow so will get more photos to support my appeal.

Thanks

Comment

I have contacted PALS and all that has been said is that it will be passed to the head of security to see if they can intervene. I dont want to rely on this in case they decide not to, or dont bother.

So clear signage is the way ahead in your experience? Should this be enough to win an appeal?

Comment

Post up the photos of the signs, barriers, pcn and i'll do something for you next week or so.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Post up the photos of the signs, barriers, pcn and i'll do something for you next week or so.

M1

That would be great, thank you. As soon as I get more photos tomorrow I shall upload. Thanks for your help - much appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X