• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell.bought all my debts /CC Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell.bought all my debts /CC Form

Hi all,

It looks like Bowell have bought all my debts !
    The latest is a CC Form that i need to get back to by 26/10 .

I remember the debts , just cannot remember how much they were for (young and silly at the time/no paper work/garage sent on fire by accident with my lifes pape work / records that i keep only date back for the past 3 years ). They date back from 2012.

Now my question is , is it worth paying Bowell ? My credit is bad anyway ! Just to mentioned that they nevere heard back from me , so never aknowledge the debt to them.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell.bought all my debts /CC Form

CC?
    Credit card?
    County Court?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi sorry ,

CC stands for County Court Bussines form and the dept in question is for Home retail group .

Comment

Originally posted by Cos69 View Post
        Hi sorry ,

CC stands for County Court Bussines form and the dept in question is for Home retail group .
        It would help to get you better advice to suit your situation if you give a clear, concise account of what has gone on with this debt.

nem

Comment

Okay, let's get back to basics

Home Retail Group was recently 'acquired' by Sainsburys plc.

Can you remember whether your original account may have been an Argos or Habitat credit card or something else?

You say you have to file your Defence by 26th October so can you confirm the Issue Date on the claim form (top right hand corner). You have 33 days from that date to file your Defence.

Can you confirm that you have filed your Acknowledgment of Service stating that you intend to defend all of the claim within the 19 days' deadline (fingers crossed )

How much is being claimed?

Have you ever sent a s.77-79 Request for this account if not then maybe you should do that asap.

You may also need to send a CPR 31.14 Request to the solicitors named on the claim form (Lowell solicitors?).

When did you last pay anything towards this account?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            Okay, let's get back to basics

Home Retail Group was recently 'acquired' by Sainsburys plc.

Can you remember whether your original account may have been an Argos or Habitat credit card or something else?

You say you have to file your Defence by 26th October so can you confirm the Issue Date on the claim form (top right hand corner). You have 33 days from that date to file your Defence.

Can you confirm that you have filed your Acknowledgment of Service stating that you intend to defend all of the claim within the 19 days' deadline (fingers crossed )

How much is being claimed?

Have you ever sent a s.77-79 Request for this account if not then maybe you should do that asap.

You may also need to send a CPR 31.14 Request to the solicitors named on the claim form (Lowell solicitors?).

When did you last pay anything towards this account?

Di
            Hi Di
            Thank you for getting back to me.

The credit was for an Argos Card . Please be patient with me as this are all new things and don't quite know what they mean.

I will colect all the info that you have asked for an post them .

Basicaly i have buried my head in the sand when i was out of work back in 2012 . Any payments that i have made were up until march 2012, as of then i moved house 3 times and did not contact any of the creditors.

Can i send you the actual form ?

Comment

The credit was for an Argos Card . Please be patient with me as this are all new things and don't quite know what they mean.

I will colect all the info that you have asked for an post them .

Basicaly i have buried my head in the sand when i was out of work back in 2012 . Any payments that i have made were up until march 2012, as of then i moved house 3 times and did not contact any of the creditors.

Can i send you the actual form ?
              You can send me the claim form if you like. My email is di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk.

But first you might like to post up the answers to my questions.

Try not to stress too much. Receiving a claim form spooks most people.

You are not alone

Di

Comment

The debt is with Argos

The date on it is 12/10/2016

I have not filled the aknowledgment

They are claiming £671,75 but the initial debt was for £501

I have never sent anything with regards 77-79,

The last time i propably paid in March 2012 since then i have not been in touch with any of my creditors.

I would like to mention that i have othet debts that were bought be Lowell and they are sending letters with %75 off from the initial debt.

Are this worth paying ? As they are a lot cheaper !

The form was sent by email .

Many Thanks

Comment

The date on it is 12/10/2016

I have not filled the aknowledgment
                  Go online and file your AOS stating you intend to defend all of the claim asap.

Di

Comment

Good morning ,

I have started the online AOS . Now i am asked if i would like to defand all the claim or just part. What would be apropriate ? Many Thanks

Comment

Sorry Di im just beeing sleepy . Online AOS completed and confirmed. What would be the next step?

Comment

Online AOS completed and confirmed. What would be the next step?
                        Filing the AOS protects you from getting a Default Judgment.

Your next steps should be to send a s.77-79 CCA Request to the Claimant and a CPR 31.14 Request letter to the solicitors.

Someone on the forum can link you to the template letters that Beagles use and help you to complete them

Keep an eye on your Defence filing date which is 33 days from the Issue Date on the claim form.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          Filing the AOS protects you from getting a Default Judgment.

Your next steps should be to send a s.77-79 CCA Request to the Claimant and a CPR 31.14 Request letter to the solicitors.

Someone on the forum can link you to the template letters that Beagles use and help you to complete them

Keep an eye on your Defence filing date which is 33 days from the Issue Date on the claim form.

Di
                          Hi Di ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Could you please advise with regards to my other questions and debts that are bought by Bowell

To all of you out there , with the knowledge , could you please point me in the right direction with regards "s.77-79 CCA Request to the Claimant " and "CPR 31.14 Request letter to the solicitors"

Many thanks

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim

There is a green box that explains what the steps are, Di has helped you through the first ones. There are templates there for a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony72 View Post
                              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim

There is a green box that explains what the steps are, Di has helped you through the first ones. There are templates there for a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request
                              Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your swift replay. Im on it , feels nice to be pointed in the right direction to gain more knowledge.

With regrds to CPR 31.14 , i can't seem to find it ;?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X