• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell and Vodafone debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell and Vodafone debt

Hello,

Lowell has recently issued court proceedings against me for a capital one credit card. It was struck out at court because they didn't sent their direction questionnaire back. I believe that debt is fraud that someone else has done in my name. They have a default on my credit report from it. I'm still trying ti find info on how to get it taken off.

Anyway, since then they have wrote, rand, emailed and texted me about a debt from vodafone from the same period of the capital one cc. There's no court papers as yet but I also believe this to be fraud in my name. How do I go about getting it sorted out and both defaults removed?

The default on the vodafone shows the account started 17.06.11 and default date 01.09.13. I do have a past vodafone settle account on my credit report that says account started 27.07.2009 and settlement date 28.08.2012 with green ticks on all the payment histories. As far as I can see those two don't match up.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell and Vodafone debt

Originally posted by Carlosdecorator View Post
    Hello,

Lowell has recently issued court proceedings against me for a capital one credit card. It was struck out at court because they didn't sent their direction questionnaire back. I believe that debt is fraud that someone else has done in my name. They have a default on my credit report from it. I'm still trying ti find info on how to get it taken off.

Anyway, since then they have wrote, rand, emailed and texted me about a debt from vodafone from the same period of the capital one cc. There's no court papers as yet but I also believe this to be fraud in my name. How do I go about getting it sorted out and both defaults removed?

The default on the vodafone shows the account started 17.06.11 and default date 01.09.13. I do have a past vodafone settle account on my credit report that says account started 27.07.2009 and settlement date 28.08.2012 with green ticks on all the payment histories. As far as I can see those two don't match up.
    Hello Carlos,
    Ok you have an old VF account that's settled. How was it settled did you pay off a final invoice, or did you stop payments?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hello Carlos,
      Ok you have an old VF account that's settled. How was it settled did you pay off a final invoice, or did you stop payments?

nem
      I don't think it's mine. I've never been with Vodafone. But a settled Vodafone account shows on my file, I thought maybe Lowell settled it by buying it and now chasing me for it?

Comment

I don't think it's mine. I've never been with Vodafone. But a settled Vodafone account shows on my file, I thought maybe Lowell settled it by buying it and now chasing me for it?
        Ok Carlos,

I recommend sending a letter to Andrew Bartle Chief Operating Officer of Lowell stating that you have never been a customer of VF and do not acknowledge and liability to Lowell.

Also say that as with their prior failed litigation this account was opened fraudulently.

nem

Comment

Ok Carlos,

I recommend sending a letter to Andrew Bartle Chief Operating Officer of Lowell stating that you have never been a customer of VF and do not acknowledge and liability to Lowell.

Also say that as with their prior failed litigation this account was opened fraudulently.

nem
          Thank you nem. Will do that and keep thread updated

Comment

Do you think you've been the victim of Identity Theft?

Having two debts chased that you don't recognise suggests this may be the case especially since you say they're both from the same period.

Why not report it to Action Fraud - this forum has a link to them on the right hand side http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fra...identity_fraud

Once you get a crime reference number you can send that to Lowells and hopefully they'll place things on hold while you/they/AF investigate the Vodafone account.

I would also contact all the CRAs and tell them the same.

Your Capital One claim was struck out by the court for procedural reasons (a sanction for failing to file the DQ) but was there any evidence that the credit card account could also have been fraudulent and was this raised in your Defence?

Di

Comment

Just and update. After moaning to lowels they've emailed back to say they'll close both cases and remove both defaults immediately. Will post what i sent and received later

Comment

Just and update. After moaning to lowels they've emailed back to say they'll close both cases and remove both defaults immediately. Will post what i sent and received later
                Common sense prevailed

Di

Comment

Well done Carlos, persistence pays off.

nem

Comment

Please see below email to CEO of Lowell and the reply I got.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kati; 2nd November 2016, 20:01:PM.

Comment

Please see below email to CEO of Lowell and the reply I got.

Interesting Carlos,
                      A lot of Waffle but no offer of redress for what they put you and family through!

nem

Comment

Interesting Carlos,
                        A lot of Waffle but no offer of redress for what they put you and family through!

nem
                        I know. I'm just glad they're taking the defaults off. That was my main concern

Comment

I know. I'm just glad they're taking the defaults off. That was my main concern
                          Best wishes for the future Carlos!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X