• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

Do Lowells often pay for the stay to be lifted Charity?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
      Do Lowells often pay for the stay to be lifted Charity?
      Depends on whether they think it's commercially viable to do so with reference to the claim value & chances of success.
      This is a ?£4.5k claim (inc costs etc)?, so it would in my opinion be wise to hope for the best, but anticipate the worst.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have received a letter from Lowell today with some copies of agreements etc, is there somebody who could help me with redacting please as there is a lot of personal information on there. The letter basically says that this is what I asked for and I now need to make arrangements to pay and if I hear anything from the court that I should respond. I will phone the court today to see if the claim is still stayed.

Comment

ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]

Comment

Ok I just phoned the court and they said the claim is still stayed. I also asked about lowell soliciters as my claim form says cohen cramer and she said all the court information shows that it is lowell solicitors.

Comment

[MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] please would you be able to help me x

Comment

You should have received a notice of change of solicitors in that case, even if it is Lowell Portfolio as claimant, they have changed from Cohen Cramer to using Lowell Solicitors, See https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part42#42.2

However tbh until Lowell / Lowell Sols or Cohen apply to lift the stay I'd not worry too much.

Feel free to email me the docs you got and I'll redact for you and post up xxx ( admin@legalbeagles.info )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I don't understand it as I have a letter from Cohen Cramer acknowledging my cpr request. I don't suppose it matters who it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    You should have received a notice of change of solicitors in that case, even if it is Lowell Portfolio as claimant, they have changed from Cohen Cramer to using Lowell Solicitors, See https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part42#42.2

However tbh until Lowell / Lowell Sols or Cohen apply to lift the stay I'd not worry too much.

Feel free to email me the docs you got and I'll redact for you and post up xxx ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

Thank you Amethyst, I have to go out now for about an hour but can scan and email them when I get back if that's ok x

Comment

court has to be advised change of solicitor. by lowells and you also = simple court protocol.

do as Ame says and send to the E-Mail address she has given you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
                        Thank you Amethyst, I have to go out now for about an hour but can scan and email them when I get back if that's ok x
                        Course xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Course xxx
                          [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] I have just emailed the letter to you. Thank you for your help x

Comment

Agreement

See the part that states 'there are more terms overleaf' - have they sent you a copy of those terms? or is that the last page of that entitled precontract ? ( I'll attach that too) - they seem to match up version number wise. Odd how the recons are just for the smaller loan not the larger.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 14th February 2017, 17:18:PM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Lowell Sols - yip they def seem to be acting for Lowell - they refer to Lowell as their client. There should be a change of solicitor notification as Cohen Cramer were acting in bringing the claim. I don't think I'd worry though for the moment, keep it all on file and wait and see if they a) notify change of sols, or b) try to continue with the claim by lifting the stay. Then you can assess what to do.
                              Attached Files
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

So the original £300 loan was for your laptop, then was that £300 rolled into the £2200 or was it a second & separate loan ? Both appear to be dated the same date so it doesn't quite scan ( just going off your first post on the thread )
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X