• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI compensation offer with NatWest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI compensation offer with NatWest

Hi,

NatWest have upheld my husbands PPI claim. It is a claim from a card opened in 1993, the PPi was on the account until 2012. Monthly ppi ranged from £24.05 to £76. Monthly interest rate on card was 1.237% for the majority of the time although did rise to a maximum of 1.667%.

He did pay his card off every now and then

Initial offer from NatWest was £13,400. I've just gone back and rejected this. Wondered if anyone can have a look at my calculations (I have a spreadsheet). I've worked it out on ppi x monthly interest rate x number of months until the card was repaid x 8% compensation interest.

Also, anyone any ideas on how to argue the figure with the bank. I've sent my letter back saying I don't agree and including my spreadsheet of how I've worked it out.

Thanks for any help.
    Tags: None

Re: PPI compensation offer with NatWest

I'll give [MENTION=189]Turboman[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      I'll give @Turboman a shout.
      Thanks, I've received a letter from natwest today saying that their figure is correct but it's massively short of what I've calculated. My figure is that large I think I must have made a mistake somewhere.

any help appreciated

Comment

Well how about a sanity check - what does the total PPI paid add up to? Obviously the refund will be a lot more than that! And what have Natwest offered?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
          Well how about a sanity check - what does the total PPI paid add up to? Obviously the refund will be a lot more than that! And what have Natwest offered?
          Evening

I've received a letter back from RBS quickest response received at any point during this case!! Its almost as if they were waiting for it! They've stated that I have used a straightline premium estimation whereas they have used a sharp curve estimate i.e not much ppi on hte first 12 months and they think that the first year may have be an interest free period (which I accept). However I do find it funny that they don't keep historical data on their company's credit card interest rates then and whether interest free periods where offered.

PPI premiums paid between 1993 and 2012 are £5,334.57 (NatWests figure), whereas I calculated it at £6,002.67 or if I deduct the first years premium £5,714.07

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Comment

You could reply asking for full details of how they calculated this, otherwise you will be referring the case to the FOS. That would mean a considerable delay though - possibly over a year.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X