• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsburys Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sainsburys Credit Card

Could I send a cheque rather than the Postal Order? Would it be wise to send it to one of their other addresses? Given that they know what is likely to be in the envelope then surely their refusal to accept could be taken on board by a court and work against them? The account was 'assigned' to Arrow Global from Sainsburys so am I asking the correct people for it?

Mc

Comment

Originally posted by McGinty View Post
      Could I send a cheque rather than the Postal Order? Would it be wise to send it to one of their other addresses? Given that they know what is likely to be in the envelope then surely their refusal to accept could be taken on board by a court and work against them? The account was 'assigned' to Arrow Global from Sainsburys so am I asking the correct people for it?
      1. How on earth would Arrow know what was likely to be in the envelope? For all they knew it may have been a cheque for the whole sum claimed.

2. No it would be unwise to re-send it to one of Arrow's other addresses. The CCA Request should go to the address for the Claimant stated on the Claim Form (N1 top left).

3. The account may have been assigned to Arrow by Sainsbury's but right now Arrow has the statutory duty to comply with your request. So yes you have sent it to the correct entity.

4. If you're concerned about not seeing a delivery confirmation on the Royal Mail Track and Trace website then call them for an update. It sometimes takes up to 14 days for the information to be uploaded. I know for a fact that they had a database glitch recently so information took longer to appear on their website. (This happens a lot with bulk mail deliveries where the 'postie' gets one signature for the whole mail 'bag'.)

5. You've not had a "refused" status update from Royal Mail have you? I'm only aware of one report of that happening on the LB forum. Perhaps that was an isolated incident. Consider whether this current website information update issue may be a Royal Mail blip not a conspiracy theory about Arrow.

6. A document/papers sent by a Royal Mail recorded service (including Proof of Posting and Recorded Delivery) is "deemed" to be service of that document/papers.

7. If you really want to adopt a belt and braces approach (why not ) then re-send your CCA request with a £1 postal order to Shoosmiths Solicitors even though you have already sent them a copy of your first one. That way they'll be no ambiguity.

Di

Comment

There has been no sign of refusal Di. It just hasnen't made it there as yet. I will call Royal Mail and ask for a status update. If the Royal Mail enquiry is not favourable then I think I will do as you suggest and send one to Shoosmiths. By the way I really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks Mc

Comment

Mc
          Good morning,
          Personally I would np want to use a cheque disclosing bank details.

If assignment is mentioned in the POC you request the Notice of Assignment in the CPR 31.14 request not the CCA request, which is specifically for
          the agreement and a current statement of the account.

Yes their refusal of mail should be in the defence.

nem

You could try

Comment

Hi again
            It appears there could possibly be some truth in what Nem said in this post earlier. I have re sent the CPR request to both Arrow Global and a duplicate to Shoosmiths. Both had a £1 postal order in them, both made payable to Arrow Blobal and I did ask Shoosmiths to forward to Arrow as I told them the previous one had went astray in the post. Both have been sent recorded delivery. The Arrow Global is showing the same status as the last one I sent which has still not been delivered.. This one and the previous one when tracked through Royal Mail Tracking state; em KK1897....GB was posted at 31 G.....Road N 3.Y on 14/11/16 and is being progressed through our network for delivery. The one I sent to Shoosmiths has been received and signed for. I suppose it 'let's wait and see time'. Mc

Comment

Arrow Global has played silly buggers with CCA requests for years, just cannot be trusted.

They buy debts and then refuse to acknowledge they are then the creditor each and every such incident should be reported to the FCA for " information".

nem

Comment

So I presume I wait for a response which I am unlikely to receive?

Totally unrelated subject but I would like a bit clarity about possibly claiming PPI. I have had many cards and bank accounts over the years and I would like to know if I simply write to each one asking information on whether I had PPI with them or not, are they obliged to respond with a truthful yes or no?

Mc

Comment

So I presume I wait for a response which I am unlikely to receive?

Totally unrelated subject but I would like a bit clarity about possibly claiming PPI. I have had many cards and bank accounts over the years and I would like to know if I simply write to each one asking information on whether I had PPI with them or not, are they obliged to respond with a truthful yes or no?

Mc
                  Very unpredictable at present AG seems to be " living in the past" many of their letters are templates from years ago referring to the Office of Fair Trading for instance.

There are I believe quite a few PPI checkers available, it's not my field but I'm sure someone with knowledge on this will be along to help.

I do know some say it's easy to reclaim yourself.

nem

Comment

Agree with @Nem.
                    AG have played silly Bs with an alleged outstanding amount, also with Sainsburys Card funnily enough.
                    I put in a claim for missed sold PPI over six years ago via the FOS, took ages as Sainsburys, at first tried to say it was not on, it was but they called it " Card Care"
                    At the time I was paying token amounts via a payment plan.
                    I had no statements during this time .
                    Eventually got an offer and two days later a cheque " in settlement" so I assumed that that was that, not according to Sainsburys who passed it around five different DCAs ending up with Arrow who used Wescott( one of Sainsburys) and then NCO.
                    Not once have they provided anything. They have tried to say I made a payment four years ago but it is just over six since an actual payment. Sent another CCA request earlier this year they sent the PO back with the same "we are not the creditor" in July but since then nothing. Would not be surprised for them to try again though.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    Very unpredictable at present AG seems to be " living in the past" many of their letters are templates from years ago referring to the Office of Fair Trading for instance.

There are I believe quite a few PPI checkers available, it's not my field but I'm sure someone with knowledge on this will be along to help.

I do know some say it's easy to reclaim yourself.

nem
                    Last edited by dogtired; 27th November 2016, 21:05:PM. Reason: Spelling
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I have had many cards and bank accounts over the years and I would like to know if I simply write to each one asking information on whether I had PPI with them or not, are they obliged to respond with a truthful yes or no?
                      I would send a SAR to each one - that way you'll get the truth

Di

Comment

Here is a letter from AG reference the CCa requests.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Seems to be a standard reply, had one of them in July last year and still no responce.

Here is a letter from AG reference the CCa requests.
                          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Whether AG accept that they are the creditor or not is immaterial.
                            CCA 1974 s189 says that they are.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Should I respond or leave things for the moment?

Comment

Should I respond or leave things for the moment?
                                If it were me, given that there is a court claim in play, I would send the £1 payment back to them with a covering letter saying "I believe that you are the creditor, & therefore please action my previous lawful CCA s78 request of (date) as referred to in your letter of (date)", or words to that effect.
                                Others may disagree & say that as you've made a request & it has been improperly rejected, that's the Claimant's lookout if they are wrong.
                                Your choice........
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X