• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

P.C.N with Civil enforcement ltd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.C.N with Civil enforcement ltd.

Has anybody been unfortunate and had to deal with this so called reputable company. Have been presented with a £140 parking fine for going into a local Coop store. was in the car park for 13 mins,(there own camera logs me in and out) couldn't find what I needed so left. parked in disabled bay as I have a blue badge. Had to walk around the building as C.P. is at rear. Best bit is , C.P. is owned by Coop. Tried to contact company above, web site gives telephone number stating for use during office hours, when you ring it it's a 24 hr automated service just for paying fines.
    Tags: None

Re: P.C.N with Civil enforcement ltd.

Is it just a debt collectors letter or is it a court claim ?

M1

Comment

P.C.N with Civil enforcement ltd.

First wrote this back in Oct, had a reply from Mystery1, regretfully couldn't reply due to problems with P/c.
      Received a parking enforcement notice in August, whilst I was away on holiday, from above company for parking in a Coop store car park on 21/7/16 whilst I went shopping in the same shop. Since I am a blue badge holder I parked in the allocated bay, displayed my badge, had to walk from the C/P at the rear of the store ( I walk using a stick. so not the fastest little mover) stopped to get money from the cash point ( had to queue) then entered the shop. This is only a small store and I could not find what I wanted, there was only one member of staff visible who was working the till and serving other customers so I decided to leave. I went to a chemist next door (which is owned by the Coop) to the supermarket, bought one item and then returned to the car and left the C/P From driving along the access road to the C/P to driving back down the access road I was exactly 13mins and 3 secs. not bad for someone who walks with a stick and for the distance covered. But apparently I should have registered the cars number in store. There used to be a machine in the C/P to do this but if you were going to be under 30 mins it was not required. This had been removed but no signs were visible regarding the supposed new procedure at the time ( apparently there are now so many signs that its a suprise the surrounding fence is still standing. although I am told none are in an obvious and immediately visible location ) According to a report which appeared in our local paper quite a number of shoppers had been caught out in this way, and apparently even the store staff who I understand were supposed to be operating the new system had no idea about it. Haven't used this shop since on principle, having been a Coop customer for almost 50 years. I could perhaps understand if the C/P was constantly filled with say commuter cars as at a rail station or the like, but there are never more than about 5 cars in the C/P which holds about 40 and the only places nearby apart from the chemist is a tattoo parlour and two funeral directors( yes one is the Coop) and i'm too old for one and hopefully too young for the other two. I have tried to contact Civil Enforcement Ltd. on a few occasions using the phone number on the website, but it appears to be only an automated payment line. So forum people, any advise as to what my next move should be.
      P.S as I'm writing this my post has just arrived with a letter from a firm called ZZPS Ltd. increasing my parking charge to £200. Is this lot really a different company or is this another frightener from Civil enforcement.
      Help Please

Comment

Re: P.C.N with Civil enforcement ltd.

If it's from zzzzpppppppppppsssss then it's just crap from a debt collector. File and ignore.

These clowns cannot take you to court as they do not own any cause of action. CEL might but that is not, at present, who is writing to you.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X