• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS ppi claim-offer made then money sent to their own holding account???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS ppi claim-offer made then money sent to their own holding account???

I recently had a ppi refund offer from RBS which I accepted for over £3k
    they stated in their letter that they would send me a cheque within 28 days
    Friday I had a text saying "we have deposited the money into your current account" (26th day) so I was surprised as they never asked me for my bank account number.

When I checked no money was present.

I phones up RBS ppi office to ask where it has been sent and they said it has been sent to our holding account pending investigation into arrears on historical accounts.

I told them I don't remember having any arrears and my current account is NOT in arrears or overdrawn. But they state the loan from which the ppi was refunded was not paid off in full and that they sold it to a DCA.

I did have some debts from years ago but I thought they were all sorted.

Can someone guide me as to where this goes from here as they are saying investigation will take 28 days and they are holding the money till it's completed?
    Tags: None

Re: RBS ppi claim-offer made then money sent to their own holding account???

anyone?

Comment

I had a friend who had pretty much the same situation. She had a loan with HSBC that was subject ( very much so ) to mis-selling of PPI and ultimately the bulk of the loan was written off under a Debt Relief Order.

She subsequently made a complaint about mis-sold PPI and was awarded in excess of £2000 but the award letter gave it one hand but took it back immediately towards the 'written off' loan arrears ( although very much alive no doubt on their balance sheet!

I think you can only wait until RBS adjudicate on the 'historical loan'. It's very easy to assume that everything is sorted but in reality things rarely are. Your objections must be to challenge their statement but that will not be easy as I gather you retain no proof either way.

Do you think it's possible that there are historical debts? And have you have any dealings with this DCA? Have you moved at all in the intervening time?

Comment

Phoned up the debt management RBS and they have no record of any debts with them.
        "Why are you holding on to my refund" I asked?
        "we have to investigate" they answered

Comment

Tricky one as you are not in possession of all the facts. Can you 100% state that the loan ( from which the PPI claim was drawn on ) was fully paid? Might be worth doing a credit check on yourself to see if anything debt wise crops up in the last 6 years. The other thought is that NatWest comes under the RBS banner. Have you ever had a financial product with them?

I'm kind of seeing that as the PPI compensation market approaches saturation, the providers are being canny with agreed refunds and simply holding them to see if they can mitigate them against other debts. As I see it, you need to satisfy yourself that you are in fact debt free with RBS but at the same time pressure RBS into providing an explanation or pay up.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...-credit-report

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X