• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Bryan Carter claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter claim form

Well folks I am in Court tomorrow morning, not looking forward to it but have decided that I wont let them get to me without putting up a fight. I can only go over my witness statement/defence & hope for the best. Is there anything else that may help. Also is the case usually heard round about the time given or could I be waiting around for hours......

Comment

Originally posted by polly12 View Post
      Well folks I am in Court tomorrow morning, not looking forward to it but have decided that I wont let them get to me without putting up a fight. I can only go over my witness statement/defence & hope for the best. Is there anything else that may help. Also is the case usually heard round about the time given or could I be waiting around for hours......
      Courts block book appointment times the wait will vary with the number and type of case.
      Good Luck POLLY!!

nem

Comment

Write a list of all the points you want to cover.
        If you refer to any statutes or case law, take 3 copies of the relevant documents with you to court.
        If the other party try to introduce new evidence, or evidence which they should have already disclosed, but have failed to do so, respectfully object.

& good luck; I hope all goes well!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi All, just an update I lost (No surprise I thought I may) So have now had a letter from the Court this morning £655+ to pay by 19th December (so only 20 days to pay) Ime afraid I cannot get my hands of this amount of money so would like to ask what is the next step, do I write to Lowells informing them of this or their solicitors. I do not work & ime not in receipt of any benefits so if I am to be dealt a ccj by them ime not going to make it easy for them getting any money of me....... Competely cheesed of with the whole thing but not at all surprised by their dodgy paperwork

Comment

Hi Polly

Sorry to hear the bad news.
            Could you give us an idea of what transpired at the hearing?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

To be honest all a bit of a blur I was really nervous, but they accepted their paperwork & I dont think I helped myself with sending a couple of letters offering payment, however he would not grant them costs (so I suppose that was something). This has been my one & only debt ever & it has nearly made me ill...... £160 initial debt (probably only paid peanuts for it) & they now have been granted an extra £500 nearly. I just need to know now what to do. As said previous I dont work & dont have any benefits so need to know my next move.

Comment

The court claim was for £460ish.

How did they justify the extra £200?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

They allowed them interest & costs, but not costs for the day in court.......... daylight robbery imo, but that is where it is! I have been well & truly had by these ime hopping mad but am trying not to let this bother me as ive more than had enough of these fleecers now. I am willing to pay it over a 12month period & then can get is marked as satisfied, how do I go about this do I have to write to the Court or to BW the sooner this is laid to rest the better for me.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judg...y-the-judgment
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Just read that thank you, do I write to BW then and ask them if I can pay in instalments

Comment

Originally posted by polly12 View Post
                        Just read that thank you, do I write to BW then and ask them if I can pay in instalments
                        No.
                        N245 (& fee if app;icable) to the court which heard your case.
                        The main reason being that if the court accepts it, it will be more difficult for the claimant to alter the arrangement (ie dispute the frequency/payment amounts) in the future.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X