• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** HELP - CC Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Sols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - County Court Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Solicitor

Originally posted by titanicsuite View Post
    @nemesis45 No I have not received my N180 yet, should I be calling the court and asking them to send it out to me?
    I would certainly ask.

nem

Comment

Re: HELP - County Court Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Solicitor

I have not received my N180 yet
      When you complete your N180 you'll see question D3 asks "How many witnesses, including yourself , will give evidence on your behalf at the hearing?". You need to enter "1" (i.e. yourself) in that box.

Lowells have put "0" on their form.

Di

Comment

Thanks for the tip I'll remember to do that Di!!
        [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] I don't know if this is of any relevance, but I just called the County Court Business Centre and they stated that they have not actually received anything from the claimant since I filed my defence. The advisor on the phone said they had 33 days from 14th October which by my calculation is next Wednesday.. So does that make any sense?

Comment

Thanks for the tip I'll remember to do that Di!!
          @nemesis45 I don't know if this is of any relevance, but I just called the County Court Business Centre and they stated that they have not actually received anything from the claimant since I filed my defence. The advisor on the phone said they had 33 days from 14th October which by my calculation is next Wednesday.. So does that make any sense?
          Emm,

It's strange that you don't have your N180 and Cohen has not sent theirs to the court, is the court sending one out to you.

nem

Comment

N180 Directions questionaire (Small claims track) - HMCTS Court and ...

Use this one/print off send copy for court/solicitors and for yourself, send Recorded Delivery

Comment

Hi, I'm just jumping in here again. This case and timing is absolutely mirroring mine.

Yesterday morning I recieved an email from the court saying that they have heard nothing from Lowell about whether they want to proceed. My defense was places on October 17th.

Yesterday afternoon I recieved an letter from Lowell with a copy of their directions questionaire, with the exact same answers as the one above. I was really confused because I thought that Lowell told the court whether they did or did not wish to proceed and we were both served our directions questionaires, so how have they supposedly filled theirs in and sent me a copy when the courts have not heard from them.

Since the timeline on this case are equal to mine with similar circumstance. I have not recieved a N180 and like I said as of yesterday the court hadnt heard a thing from them. Is their any chance Lowell are pulling some sort of scare tactics still hoping that because I feel like they are willing to proceed, I'll get scared and pay up. My defense is statutory barred.

Would you recommend waiting for a form, or contacting the court to find out what is actually going on?

Comment

Do you know I am so paranoid about Lowell... they ignored my request for CCA, they kept telling me other Lucas were dealing with the case everythime I wrote to them even though I've never heard of them. I have another debt with them that I darent start paying incase they use the funds for this so they can reset the stat barred. I also don't want to sign the N180 incase they get a copy of my signature!! It's a bit ridiculous really but I just don't trust them.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  N180 Directions questionaire (Small claims track) - HMCTS Court and ...

Use this one/print off send copy for court/solicitors and for yourself, send Recorded Delivery
                  That's helpful but a DQ served by the court (not one downloaded off the internet by the Defendant) will have a "date served" on it and a "file by" date too. The court will sanction the OP if they fail to meet the deadline set by the court (strike out their Defence). That's one of the myriad of reasons why the Defendant should only reply to the DQ sent by the court.

Lowells (and all solicitors) can download their own DQs to complete and send to the court. That's the norm.

The OP says they only received a copy of Lowells' DQ today. Perhaps the court also only received it today too. So it'll be uploaded onto their system shortly which will result in the OP being served with a DQ by the court.

If that makes sense

Di

Comment

we did not receive any from the court only lowells

Comment

Thanks Mike, I think it might be scare tactics but can I ask with your case what happened? Did your case become stayed after the 28 days? And if so what happens after that? Did Lowells still try to harass you?

Comment

they send their N180 seems to be their method to un settle you, sure others will comment also!

Comment

Yes that makes sense, thanks a lot for letting me know Di. I will await to see if the court sends me anything but I suspect they have not received anything!

Comment

I will await to see if the court sends me anything but I suspect they have not received anything!
                            Give it a couple of days then call the court.

After they've received the DQ from Lowells (which is the solicitors way of informing them that they intend to continue with the proceedings) the court has to produce your one and post it to you with a covering letter giving you the deadline etc.

Lowells sent you their copy because they have to. Just like you'll have to send a copy of yours to them.

Di

Comment

Well today was the 33rd day after I filed my defence and I received a letter from the court. The letter I received was letter N149A Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track.

They attached a blank copy of the N180 Directions Questionnaire for me to complete and return back to the court and the claimaints and they also attached a document explaining what mediation is and what it involves.

I now need to send the N180 Directions Questionnaire back to the court by December 1st.

I'm just curious on what to do. Would anyone recommend going through mediation or not? Is it worth it? On a case where I still believe I do not owe the claimant any money and they have been unable to provide any proof of this what would we gain from going through a mediation? It looks as though mediation is a good option where both parties agree that money is owed but I'm not sure what to do in my case. Would it be worth going through mediation anyway or would it be wasting the mediators time?
                              [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] @charitynjw

Comment

On the DQ you are asked if you consent to mediation; tick yes.
                                Mediation Service should subsequently contact you.
                                Usually, when they are informed by you that the Claimant/sols have failed to provide disclosure documents, mediation will not handle the case & will refer it back to court.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X