• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form

Hi M1
    Don't want to hassle you as completely aware you have a life outside of this but just wondering if you had any joy with this. If not please let me know and I'll cobble something together. Need to go abroad to a funeral on Sunday so need to get it done before I go.
    Thanks for all your help
    D

Comment

I have a queue. 1 Popla and 1 defence i must do today and the other 5/6 popla and yourself i aim to do this week. There is also 1 that appeared last night with a deadline for filing a defence today!!!!!! so if they return with information i'll need to do that.

What date was the claim form ?

M1

Comment

Issue date for the Claim Form was 28th Sep 2016. Completely understand if you don't have the time.
        D

Comment

Edit to suit.

deeosulldef.rtf

M1

Comment

Sent off so we'll see what happens. Thanks so much for this and don't know if it's allowed but would love to repay you in some way so was wondering if there was a charity or something I could donate to on you behalf as a token.
            D

Comment

I'm sure the sit owners would happily take a donation to help with running costs. My charitable limit is collecting free stuff from supermarkets and chucking it in the foodbank as there are now about 18625396523462836439826 charities for cancer (as example) with people on boards and chuggers all taking significant sums of donations for personal gain.

You haven't won yet anyway and that's what makes me happy.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Reply received from Gladstones, looks like I'm going to Court :judgey:

"We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.

Please find attached a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward."

They have also attached a Directions Questionnaire (don't think i need to do anything with that but please correct me if I'm wrong) and an N180 special direction request (paper hearing only). Should I accept/respond to this or proceed to Court? I also received a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track, which I will fill in and return today

Thanks
                D

Comment

The court should send you one to complete which you send to the court and Gladrags.

I cannot accept a paperwork only case as the claimant has, so far, not responded to requests to replead their case properly and refused to supply any information to enable anyone other than themselves to understand what their case actually is.
                  Add it to your DQ and also send as an email to them and the court.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

In the best possible way I was hoping I wouldn't have to contact you again, unfortunately they sent me their case on the last working day of 2016, I didn't actually realise until yesterday and the Court wants my response by 9th January. Any chance you can help??

Not sure if I should be going for insufficient signage, excessive fees or lack of information from them. I still havent recieved the photos I requested and they are now referring to me as MR. I have attached exactly what I have recieved from them for your information.

Thanks D
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a look asap.

M1

Comment

Have you had anything from the court since completing the directions questionnaire ? It would appear they may have been ordered to plead properly by the court ? If you don't know phon the court and ask.

M1

Comment

Hi M1
                          Attached is the reply I recieved from the Court so I believe it's going ahead.

D
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, i thought that might be the case. I'll sort that out this weekend as i have a redundancy consultation tomorrow and it's 2 hours each way travelling.

Are the particulars of claim dated ? (or is the envelope dated ?)

M1

Comment

So sorry didn't read your email properly and missed the second part. Couldn't see a date on the particulars of claim and I've already thrown out the envelope.
                              Dee

Comment

Just trying to find out if they were within the time limit imposed by the court. Do you remember when you got them ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X