• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Self employment / self assesment and paying tax timing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self employment / self assesment and paying tax timing

Hi

I've just set up as a consultant. This is due to me being made redundant. It is very short term and will in total be about 3 months work (starting from July).
    The question I have got is when do I have to complete my tax return for the self employed income?

My research indicated that I dont have to register until the 5th October 2017.
    If I timetable to register for September 2017 - when will I pay tax via my self assessment?

I am already registered for self assessment due to my mileage allowance / expenses from my last role being over the threshold.
    Therefore its likely at the end of this year I will need to complete this element of my self assessment again (I think!)
    Would this impact / mean i have to declare my self employed earning in this return as well (April 2017). I would juch rather delay registering / paying tax until as late as possible.

Any advice appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X