• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo have referred my case to a solicitor - HELP! Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo have referred my case to a solicitor - HELP! Please

Hi, I've read these forums a lot but, this is my first post, I will try and keep it brief.

I VT'd my vehicle before the 50% mark and knew, I would ahve to pay the amount to take it to 50%, which is fine. The car was collected and I refused to sign the inspection report (as advised fro reading on here) as the vehicle was in reasonable condition and, had less than average miles etc.

Anyway, I received a letter from Motonovo on 27th August advising me of what I owed but, the car would go to auction and they would let me know "shortly" if the sum involved had changed. Regardless of this, payment should be made to them within 30 days.
    Fast forward 3 weeks and I have heard nothing so, I telephoned and asked when I would be informed of the amount I owed (I also emailed) I was told the car was sold but, they didn't know how much it sold for so I would have to pay the full amount in the meantime - I declined and once again, emailed and asked to be informed of the final balance, before the 30 day limit passed.

Eventually, I received a letter telling me the case has now been sent to their legal team due to non-payment. I again emailed and asked how I could pay when, they had not given me he final amount that they had indicated, I would be informed of "shortly"? I receieved a response saying they would be in touch.

Today I received a letter from DWF legal demanding the full £1600 which includes charges for the inspection (my balance was £1148.72, minus their inspection fees) They have included an income and expenditure form with this.

My question is, where do I stand? I have no issue paying the amount I owed "after" auction but, they have never given me an answer so, how could I pay it??

TIA
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X