• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help rundles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help rundles

Sorry don't know if I put this in right place, I went through a messy divorce id never paid a bill in my life and got in a mess with council tax I've paid that to rundles in full. There saying that there's a week which was 36 I owed to council which now equate to 462 pounds. There saying I have to pay in full this was last year when I was in between addresses so didn't even get the bill. I've been threatened with prison by rundles even though I didn't refuse to pay just didn't realise I had all that on for a week council tax. I've this evening had warning message from them any advice on how to proceed would be great
    Tags: None

Re: Help rundles

Originally posted by Anna8123 View Post
    Sorry don't know if I put this in right place, I went through a messy divorce id never paid a bill in my life and got in a mess with council tax I've paid that to rundles in full. There saying that there's a week which was 36 I owed to council which now equate to 462 pounds.

There saying I have to pay in full this was last year when I was in between addresses so didn't even get the bill. I've been threatened with prison by rundles even though I didn't refuse to pay just didn't realise I had all that on for a week council tax. I've this evening had warning message from them any advice on how to proceed would be great
    Please take no notice of the threat of prison... it is common threat and has been used by bailiffs for many years. They should not be making such a threat but that is another subject.

Most importantly, you appear to have a very small debt of just £36 owing to the council and a Liability Order has been issued. If this is the case, then personally, I would be making a complaint to the council regarding such a low value debt being made subject to bailiff enforcement. The complaint being that the bailiff fees of £310 are ten times the amount of the debt. The council MAY recall the debt but I would not be holding out too much hope.

If you have a car outside of your home then this is at risk of being taken. Please be very careful.

As the debt is for council tax arrears, there is no obligation on you to allow the bailiff into the property (and frankly, I would not suggest that you allow him in).

What you must do is to protect your vehicle and make enquiries with the council on Monday. Please post back with their response.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, the council were rubbish but in fairness to the guy that attended my property since I put this post up. He was lovely very helpful and understanding and helped me plan a affordable payment plan. While I begrudge have to pay such a high cost for a weeks council tax, I feel that the council have to be held accountable for that. I understand that they have to get the council tax but such a low amount that they escalated and the fact in the week the council tax was for I approached the council to say I was given notice and would be homeless with 2 small children as my income when ex partner left wasn't enough for letting agents and they wouldn't take my ex maitence into account. So council fully aware of my situation. I honestly can't fault the balif guy and although I have to pay stupid money it's a weight of my mind. Once again thanks for your advice
      Last edited by Anna8123; 3rd October 2016, 17:28:PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Anna8123 View Post
        Thank you for your reply, the council were rubbish but in fairness to the guy that attended my property since I put this post up. He was lovely very helpful and understanding and helped me plan a affordable payment plan. While I begrudge have to pay such a high cost for a weeks council tax, I feel that the council have to be held accountable for that. I understand that they have to get the council tax but such a low amount that they escalated and the fact in the week the council tax was for I approached the council to say I was given notice and would be homeless with 2 small children as my income when ex partner left wasn't enough for letting agents and they wouldn't take my ex maitence into account. So council fully aware of my situation. I honestly can't fault the balif guy and although I have to pay stupid money it's a weight of my mind. Once again thanks for your advice
        Write to the CEO of the local authority as Formal Complaint re the heavy handed and in reasonable treatment you have received.

nem

Comment

Make sure you're claiming all the benefits you're entitled too as well. Could be that as a single parent, your CT will be reduced at the very least. Check if you're entitled to Housing benefit too. May be obvious to some, but if you've never paid a bill in your life before, you may not be aware of what you can claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X