• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye help

New here so hi to everyone. I have a problem with parkingeye. On 19th August I took my son for a job interview, I parked in a car park and purchased a ticket for up to 2 hours. I left the car park after just over half an hour. I received a parking charge notice for £100 for not having a ticket. I sent a photo of my purchased ticket and assumed that would be the last of it until today. They have now decided that I got the ticket because the full reg of my car wasn't entered but as a good will gesture I can pay £20 within 14 days and if not it will be the full amount again. Can someone please tell me what I should do. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye help

Did you enter the full reg or is the machine crap ?

Have you spoken to the management of retailers or whoever the land is occupied by ?

M1

Comment

My son got the ticket and only put the numbers in. I don't know who owns the land as I'm not from Derby where the car park is but I will be going there to have a look at the machine.

Comment

By chance did the signage say enter the number, or similar? Your son followed the instructions.

Comment

In all honesty I have no idea without going back there to check which I will be doing.

Comment

I've just been and checked and it does say to enter full reg. I understand that he's not put full reg in but we did pay for parking

Comment

Have they issued a popla code to you ?

M1

Comment

What is one of those?

Comment

10 digit number that allows another appeal to http://popla.co.uk/

M1

Comment

No ive not got one

Comment

So what did you say to parking eye and what, exactly, did they say to you. (scan up letters, suitably sanitised)

M1

Comment

My reply to them after receiving the first letter was sent through their site and i only had confirmation email in reply. I told them i had purchased a ticket and had proof and sent a picture of my parking ticket. I'll try and scan the letters.

Comment

I have a very similar issue with Parking Eye.
                          Bought a valid ticket but only entered first 4 digits of vehicle reg.
                          Appealed online, sent them image of the ticket but received rejection letter today offering £20 goodwill gesture reduced payment.
                          Any advice what to do next M1 please?

Comment

Hi the same has happened too me. I recievd the fine of 100.00 and ignored several more letters later I followed the advice and disputed the fine on the legal online system. I have today recieved a small claims court questionnaire which they have filled in and also a copy of there defence. What can I do next please as I am unsure of the next steps ?? I have read that you can offer a without prejudice letter .. How do you go ahead to do this ??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X