• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A question about Judicial Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Judicial Review

I have posted on a previous thread about the state an insurance company has left my property after a subsidence insurance claim which started in March 1999. After all this time, Zurich has issued a final decision and the FOS have found in their favour. I understand the ombudsman decision can be challenged by Judicial Review - one of the circumstances being if there is no alternative remedy. Careful study of all the available evidence suggests that there seems to have been a fraud, I think by failing to disclose information, (both sides including Zurich and their loss adjusters and also the chartered surveyor I paid to write a report). So does the possibility of fraud preclude a Judicial Review application?

Thanks for any info
    Tags: None

Re: A question about Judicial Review

A Judicial Review of the Ombudsman's decision will look at the way it has arrived at the decision and not the facts or the merits of the case itself. So if an Ombudsman has reviewed all of the material and still come to a conclusion not in your favour then as long as they have followed the correct procedures then your judicial review will fail. If you believe the merits of the case on evidence is fraud, then that unfortunately is a claim to issue in court.

That isn't even getting into the potential costs you could end up repaying if you lose. JR's are not cheap and can easily run into the tens of 1000's.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: A question about Judicial Review

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      A Judicial Review of the Ombudsman's decision will look at the way it has arrived at the decision and not the facts or the merits of the case itself. So if an Ombudsman has reviewed all of the material and still come to a conclusion not in your favour then as long as they have followed the correct procedures then your judicial review will fail.
      The Ombudsman has not reviewed all the material. In answering the complaint I made in March 2016, he has referred to and quoted the insurance company's final decision which they did not make until the end of May 2016. The Ombudsman refused to consider a complaint I made in August 2016 about the May 2016 insurance company's final decision yet has included this in his answer to my March 2016 complaint.

My feelings about fraud relate to criminal fraud, which I think I should go to the police about. They might laugh at me but I do have substantial evidence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X