• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won case against Next but Lowell are taking me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Won case against Next but Lowell are taking me to court

Ok I'll do that. I don't know how to word it exactly but that shouldn't really matter, or does it? Is there something I shouldn't say?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      You may end up having to do both simultaneously.

Di
      That's the way I would go, so if Lowell disregard the information and continue on the a conclusion in court they are going to look rather stupid ( not unusual)

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ni-11 View Post
      Ok I'll do that. I don't know how to word it exactly but that shouldn't really matter, or does it? Is there something I shouldn't say?
      Do you want help with a letter to Lowlife?

nem

Comment

Yes please!!!!!

Comment

Do not rush this next step. You need to get the letter right.

You've filed your AOS so there's no reason why you can't go ahead and file your Defence and serve it on Lowells at the same time as you send them a letter suggesting they Discontinue their Claim.

You must decide what is best for you - I only offer options and personal opinion.

Di

Comment

Yes please!!!!!
            OK I have some time free tomorrow morning so I will reread the whole thread and put a draft together for you.

If there any other details you think are important please post here and I will pick up on them.

nem

Comment

I don't want to rush it, I want to do it right. I think as you all have suggested I will do both the defence and the letter at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              OK I have some time free tomorrow morning so I will reread the whole thread and put a draft together for you.

If there any other details you think are important please post here and I will pick up on them.

nem
              Thank you sooo much. I can't think of anything else. The only thing I noticed is the new claim is one pound less than the old one. I don't know whether this is intentional or a mistake

Comment

The only thing I noticed is the new claim is one pound less than the old one. I don't know whether this is intentional or a mistake
                Or maybe Next credited the £1 statutory fee you sent with your CCA Request to your account?

Di

Comment

[QUOTE=ni-11;680606]I don't want to rush it, I want to do it right. I think as you all have suggested I will do both the defence and the letter at the same time

Good morning ni,

I'll add that in !

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

I don't want to rush it, I want to do it right. I think as you all have suggested I will do both the defence and the letter at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sooo much. I can't think of anything else. The only thing I noticed is the new claim is one pound less than the old one. I don't know whether this is intentional or a mistake
                    Hello ni,

I see we don't have the name of the solicitors handling this for Lowell, is it Lowell Solicitors Ltd. / BW Legal for example?

This letter should go to the Andrew Bartle and copied to the solicitors name on the N1 Claim For

Andrew Bartle
                    Chief Operating Officer
                    Lowell Group
                    Ellington House
                    9 Savannah Way
                    Leeds Valley Park
                    Leeds
                    LS 10 1AH

Date:

Ref: County Court Claim No.................................:
                    Issued On............................. by .................................Solicitors.

Dear Mr Bartle.

For Clarity and to avoid any misunderstanding please note I do not acknowledge any liability to any company of the Lowell Group.

I refer you to the above mentioned county court claim regarding an alleged debt said to arise form an account with Next please take note of the following points:

1. This alleged debt was the subject of a county court claim by Next dated ..........................:

2.This claim was defended.

3. Next wrongly claimed that the agreement was not regulated under the provisions of CCA 1974. Next wrongly allocated the statutory fee paid for a copy of the agreement to the account and did not provide any documentation

4.On hearing my defence the judge struck out this claim, as the claimant (Next) could not produce the original signed agreement.

5. I am aware that no such a no such agreement exists, and I suggest that in the interest of saving court time that Lowell discontinues this claim forthwith as it has no reasonable chance of success.

Should Lowell decided to continue with this claim it will be robustly defended.

I expect your prompt reply so that this matter is quickly resolved.

I enclose herewith copies of all relevant documents.

Your etc.

Send both letters by signed for post check delivery date and signatures( print off a copy for your records.

ni, just fill in the missing dates etc.

Comment

The claim form states Lowell portfolio I LTD as the claimant and Lowell Solicitors Limited as the claimant's legal representative.

Thank you so so much!!! Shall I sign the letter or will they copy my signature on a cca? lol!

Can I more or less use this as my defence on the form as well?
                      Last edited by ni-11; 1st October 2016, 13:11:PM.

Comment

The claim form states Lowell portfolio I LTD as the claimant and Lowell Solicitors Limited as the claimant's legal representative.

Thank you so so much!!! Shall I sign the letter or will they copy my signature on a cca? lol!

Can I more or less use this as my defence on the form as well?
                        Hello ni,

The " signature lifting" Theory is really just urban myth, there's no problem with signing the letters.

Yes use this for the defence, take a look at the specimen defences in the green box on the " received a claim forum" to give you an idea of format and content then make a draft and post it here we can then go through it with you.

nem

Comment

Thank you, I will as soon as I write it. Thank you again

Comment

Thank you, I will as soon as I write it. Thank you again
                            Always happy to help!

nem

Comment

There was another option suggested so I'll leave it to the Beagles to advise you from now on.

I hope you get this problem sorted swiftly.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                There was another option suggested so I'll leave it to the Beagles to advise you from now on.

I hope you get this problem sorted swiftly.

Di

what was the other option? I am sorry if I didn't see it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X