• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What Happens if ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens if ?

Hi I posted a thread on the welcome board by mistake but the help given was still invaluable. I am in the process of putting together my Witness statement fo my planned court date on the 25th October.

I would just like to know what happen if I go to court and I lose. I take it I will have a ccj posted against me but am I allowed to put forward a payment plan over a number of years as it a significant amount.

I would like to know all possible outcomes a my mind keep on playing tricks.

Many Thanks in anticipation
    Tags: None

Re: What Happens if ?

Hi there ..... my understanding of this situation is that if the judgement is made against you, you will have a court judgement that gives the creditor routes to enforce payment of the debt i.e. instruction of bailiffs.

However, since all creditors want is firstly communication about your debt and secondly, your offer to repay, there is nothing wrong in putting in writing to your creditor your acceptance of the debt, your current financial/personal situation ( i.e. an income and expenditure statement showing disposable income levels ) and an offer to repay over a period of time.

It is up to the creditor if they accept your proposals but your chances are greater if you have low or minimal disposable income and you have no assets that could be charged or distrained upon.

Just my opinion of course but I gather you are questioning whether you actually owe the debt?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X