• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employer has withheld all my wages!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer has withheld all my wages!

Hi all,

Hoping someone can advise me on my current situation.

I have recently left my last employer, i was not dismissed, sacked or pushed out i simply found another job better pay etc...and left on good terms and have a recommendation and was offered my job back if my new employment did not work out

Tomorrow should be my last payment from my previous employer, my payslips are sent via email and received my payslip about 4pm. I opened my payslip and checked everything all normal deductions tax etc.. are the but then i noticed my net pay is £0.00 upon further inspection there is IT ADJ which lists my entire wage as a deduction.

My employer gave out tablets as we needed to use some software. However this was sent back in the assigned envelope when i gave my notice in and i have a copy of the tracking post office receipt.

I call the payroll department and speak to a Gary, who does inform me that i have a price of outstanding equipment. i explain i have tracking proof etc... he asks for my number and he explains he will need to speak to the IT Department and will call me back. 6pm comes and no call, i call the office and its shut.

As of tomorrow like every had working individual i have payments to make and are due tomorrow.

What i don't understand is:

1) for arguments sake lets say there was a tablet pc outstanding and market value suggest this tablet is with £300 would they not deduct that rather than my entire wage to the penny?

2) My company job was transferred to this company last year under TUPE and in my handbook it mentions deductions can be made for loss, theft misuse of equipment or company cars, its rather vague and does not stipulate there working out for such instance.

3) No contact was made to me, just a pre-paid royal mail special delivery bag for me to send equipment back.

I feel sick to the back teeth that they could do this to me, it just seems criminal at this stage. I won't be able to speak until tomorrow even then it could be a battle. The company i work for has large contracts for well known tech giants so its not a small company and could be an error.

many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Employer has withheld all my wages!

Is there anyone that can help, quite desperate and upset.

Many Thanks

UPDATE

They are now saying they are missing a tablet PC, the one i sent back they have, they are saying that there is another tablet which they state they are missing,

Join Company
    tablet 1 is issued
    use for 1 year, gets fault
    Ring IT new tablet is sent out
    Tablet 1 is sent back
    Tablet 2 arrives 1 month la
    ter.

Tablet 2 they have back, tablet 1 they state they are missing. They are asking me to get proof of postage which would be fine if i had but it was months ago so i have no hope.

So everyone is clear my wages should have been after tax £1030, they have paid me only £635 and they value this tablet at £400, checking eBay used prices its valued at £200

As it stands is what they are doing legal?

I want to know pursue this to the full for damages and stress.
    Last edited by tippytoppy; 28th September 2016, 17:09:PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Re: Employer has withheld all my wages!

A employer can deduct money from wages if they have the consent of the employee in writing.

Can you get a copy of the proof from the post office?

in my opinion they can only recover the actual loss, so the market value of the tablet at the time it was sent back (if you can't prove you sent it back). So maybe copies of some classifieds adverts on eBay / gumtree etc showing what it was worth.

You have a three month time limit to make a claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X