• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Can anyone advise please. Desperate and stressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone advise please. Desperate and stressed

Hello. This is my first post.
    I'm having a terrible time with my employer and I really need help.
    I work as a Nursery asst 5 days a week, 3hrs 15min per day.
    Last year I developed hip pain and am currently undergoing phisio therapy.
    Over a period of a few months I had on a few occasions between 2 and 10 days off. All were signed off with a 'not fit for work' by my doctor.
    My employer gave me a official warning due to poor attendance.
    Since that warning in June, there have been 80 work days. I've had authorised holiday and only 2 unauthorised sick days.
    I've now been told I need to attend a meeting to discuss my poor attendance.
    I've been crying and totally stressed since.
    My manager won't even talk to me about it. She says, wait for the meeting.
    I'm not a member of an Union and have no one to represent me at the meeting.
    Is there an organisation that can help me.
    Thank you in advance for any advise.
    Tags: None

Re: Can anyone advise please. Desperate and stressed

I hope someone can come in and give you advice on this. You must be in great distress over this.
    'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
    depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

Originally posted by Soaceaware View Post
      Hello. This is my first post.
      I'm having a terrible time with my employer and I really need help.
      I work as a Nursery asst 5 days a week, 3hrs 15min per day.
      Last year I developed hip pain and am currently undergoing phisio therapy.
      Over a period of a few months I had on a few occasions between 2 and 10 days off. All were signed off with a 'not fit for work' by my doctor.
      My employer gave me a official warning due to poor attendance.
      Since that warning in June, there have been 80 work days. I've had authorised holiday and only 2 unauthorised sick days.
      I've now been told I need to attend a meeting to discuss my poor attendance.
      I've been crying and totally stressed since.
      My manager won't even talk to me about it. She says, wait for the meeting.
      I'm not a member of an Union and have no one to represent me at the meeting.
      Is there an organisation that can help me.
      Thank you in advance for any advise.
      Originally posted by Magrew View Post
      I hope someone can come in and give you advice on this. You must be in great distress over this.
      The obvious questions would seem to be, has the meeting taken place yet, if so on what basis (disciplinary or other), &, what was the outcome?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Is this definitely a disaplinary meeting? ACAS may be your best bet, they have a website and a helpline so you can talk to someone.

Comment

You could join a union, they may not be able to attend a disciplinary meeting with you (if the process has started) but they would be able to give you advice. Also check your home insurance as you may have legal cover with it and they would be able to provide you with advice.

Comment

From what I understand you should be able to join a union at any point - regardless of whether it's last minute, might be worthwhile ringing your local union and seeing if they can support you.
            Last edited by Samantha_Lewis; 12th December 2016, 17:19:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X