• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Macdonalds MET parking charge, parking time over stayed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macdonalds MET parking charge, parking time over stayed.

I would love some advice on whether to pay a parking fine received on the 08/06/16 in a Macdonalds (MDs) in Hedge End in Southampton.
    My wife picks up our son on a Wednesday from his school mini bus and takes him to MDs at Hedge End. Here they do his homework and eat a meal there before going to the local St Johns unit for the weekly session of first aid training. At the time they attend the MDs there is very little custom and the car park is ALWAYS less than half full. On this one occasion they must have over stayed the 90 minutes allowed, arrived at 16.48 and departed at 18.56, shown in the photos on the "PCN"
    Now the letter received stated that they stayed without authorisation, surely if they are in the restaurant eating and spending money at MDs then they are authorised?
    I have read some posts on here that say just ignore them and put up with the letters etc and they will eventually give up. is that REALLY the case?
    We now have got to the stage of:
    1) "offence" commited on 08/06/16
    2) PCN issued on 14/06/16
    3) We didn't pay the original £50 fine.
    4) New letter just over a month later, fine now £100
    5) Didn't pay this fine either.
    6) Another letter received 21/09 from DRP Debt recovery services now wanting £150.

What course of action is open to me now?
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Macdonalds MET parking charge, parking time over stayed.

Now you've missed the deadline to appeal there are 3 options.

1. Get your wife to contact the manager. As a regular it might be easier to get them to cancel and i'd imagine they'll recognise her.

2. Ignore all bar a letter before action or court claim.

3. Pay. If doing this don't pay £160. Negotiate or wait for the stream of letters to give you a "discount"

M1

Comment

Hi M1,
      contacting the manager didn't result in anything.
      We received the Notice of intended court action letter yesterday the 6th of October.
      It now basically states that if we haven't paid the parking charge of £150 by the 18th of october then they will pass the file to their client with a recommendation to take us to court.
      So far i haven't had any verbal contact with them as i am not sure i could hold my temper!
      If i want to pay but NOT the full amount, how would you suggest i go about it?
      Thanks in advance for all your help, i do appreciate you taking the time to reply.
      regards
      Rich

Comment

Can you post it up ? (sanitised)

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

here is the scan as requested.

kind regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Almost fully sanitised....whoops!

Comment

DRP = debt collector boll0cks. File and ignore.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Thanks for all your advice so far, and I see what you mean about the reduction offers coming through.
                I have attached a scan of the latest one with a new "settle now" offer.
                Should I react to this one yet?
                I did plan to go back with a counter offer of half the requested amount as full and final settlement.
                Is that advisable or are there usually more letters on the way?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Swiftsnow; 14th November 2016, 08:46:AM. Reason: Adding doc

Comment

It's your call. Not sure you'll get any better of an offer. You could offer less to settle or you could continue to ignore (& file).

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X