• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET - Gatwick... again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET - Gatwick... again!

Hi All,

I've been following these threads for a few days now as I received a PCN from MET Parking Services.

The driver arrived too early for collecting people and their flight was delayed.

They had no idea the maximum stay time was 60 minutes hence were there for nearly 2 hours.

I sent the standard email to them as recommended by mystery1 and got this reply:

Good afternoon

We cannot accept appeals via email and request that you submit an appeal either online at www.metreview.com or in the post to the address in my signature.

This email has not been addressed as an appeal and the charge will continue to progress.

Kind regards

Hayley | Customer Services
    MET Parking Services Ltd
    PO Box 64168, London, WC1A 9BE
    E customer.services@metparking.com | W www.metparking.com

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have until the 27th so should I post them a letter?

Thanks in advance,
    Richard.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kati; 8th October 2016, 09:27:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET - Gatwick... again!

Bump?

Comment

Appeal via the website.

M1

Comment

Thanks mystery1, should have said that I've done that now. Only have 7 days left and I think they said it could take up to 10 days to hear from them.

Cheers anyway

Comment

It's very strange to me that a few Met tickets have appeared and i can't see the required keeper liability item i highlight below, when they used to included it. I take it yours doesn't have it hidden away anywhere either ?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,

the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

If nothing that complies with this is present and they don't know who was driving then they cannot win at popla if you bring this up.

M1

Comment

Hi,

I've actually left the letter at work, there is something on the back. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay, here's the back of the letter.

I've not heard back from them yet.

What should I do if they have not responded by the 27th?

Thanks,
              Richard.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kati; 8th October 2016, 09:31:AM.

Comment

Nothing. The discounted period is irrelevant if you want to appeal then go to popla. You'll lose the appeal and have a great chance of a win at popla. If you lose the appeal you'll be offered the discount again instead of going to popla.

M1

Comment

Hi mystery1,

Thanks again for the prompt reply, when you say "go to popla" could you explain further?

I've obviously asked them for the POPLA code so I assume I cannot do anything else until I get that?

Sorry, I have read the other threads but just want it to be clear in my head.

Thanks,
                  Rich.

Comment

Popla is a secondary "independent" appeals service. http://popla.co.uk/

You cannot get to popla unless Met give you a code. To get a code you need to appeal to Met and lose.

M1

Comment

Ok, great.

Well I've appealed via their online system so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Do you think I have a good chance?

Are MET Parking Services legit in the sense they could take me to court?

Thanks,
                      Rich.

Comment

Provided they aren't told who was driving, or can find out, yes i do.

M1

Comment

Hi again,

I've finally had a reply with a POPLA Code, please see attachments below:

I'd be grateful to know your thoughts!

Many thanks,
                          Richard.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Kati; 8th October 2016, 09:25:AM. Reason: extra redacting :) xx

Comment

I'll get back to you.

M1

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X