• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Nemisis45 is busy at the moment probably back later later on this evening!

Comment

Morning and sorry MIKE770,

I have just noticed that you had responded with some valued advice earlier on o in this thread. I know I have been a bit hasty in trying to chase things up, I realise that I should let things run their course and all that. Also a lot of people also seem to suggest the same that Lowell Solicitors are funny characters too deal with.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Micky

Comment

Originally posted by Darter245 View Post
          Morning and sorry MIKE770,

I have just noticed that you had responded with some valued advice earlier on o in this thread. I know I have been a bit hasty in trying to chase things up, I realise that I should let things run their course and all that. Also a lot of people also seem to suggest the same that Lowell Solicitors are funny characters too deal with.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Micky
          Lowell Solicitors are a it of a joke, often filing documents late or not complying with court orders and directions.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Darter245 View Post
            One last quick question too, can the claim remain "stayed" for an unlimited amount of time or are there timescales for these things?
            The quick answer to your general question is: Yes a stay can remain indefinitely.

In practice claims seem to remain stayed until the relevant documents are sourced by the Claimant whose solicitors tend to contact the Defendant direct when that happens in the hope of payment without the need to return to court.

Di

Comment

Hi Di

So I guess it's very much a case of watch this space and see what their move is if any. I have also read in other threads that Vanquis aren't the greatest at getting the correct documents across to the claimant. Let's hope this remains the same.

Many thanks

Micky

Comment

darter 45
                dont stress ive been to court twice over a vodafone debt, and got it ajourned twice, once on lowell submitting witness statements late two days prior to the court case, and the second time no evidence to back up there claim, the courts are fully aware lowells buy debts.

Comment

Cheers piratepeter63

I don't feel too bad now actually thanks. When the court papers first landed on my door step and the subsequent couple of weeks I was really bothered by the situation. However once I came across the Legal Beagle website things have all been good. Yeah I gather the courts are pretty congested and that Lowells' seem to be rather useless.

Micky

Comment

DELETED
                    Last edited by micro; 18th November 2016, 22:18:PM.

Comment

Evening all,

Today out of the blue I have received some correspondence from Lowell Solicitors. They have sent a very brief covering letter and a copy of the Directions Questionnaire which they claim the County Court shall also soon send a copy and I should fill in and return. As far as I am concerned the case is still Stayed and nothing has changed in a considerable amount of time.

Do I just ignore these clowns or what is the best course of action??

Thanks Micky.

Comment

no fill it out

Comment

Thanks MIKE770, so do I just wait for the copy from the County Court to turn up and return that copy? What is the relevance of all of this too?

Thanks Micky.

Comment

They are continuing to next stage - Direction questionnaire needs filling in,

N180 Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track)

Comment

Was hoping I mite have heard nothing more once the case was stayed, unfortunately not to be.

Comment

You could phone the court to check the status of the claim.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X